carat
color
clarity

New Barry Tsavorite Round

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
.75ct 5.5mm
A lovely medium dark green with a slight blue overtone. Absolute perfection in my eyes!
Lots of photos to follow, although ironically, the fuzzy cell phone photo captures the color the truest!

bluetsav.jpg

celltsav.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color isn't coming out exactly right, it has a lot more birghtness and glow than in coming across.

IMG_1398.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So...I'm thinking of setting it along with this 4mm OEC which I also adore, and I think they make a great pair!
For some reason, photographing the two together makes the tsav look darker than it really is...

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo...onto the setting discussion!

I don't want to bezel the tsav since I think the color is perfect as it is. I was thinking of a bypass style ring, I was going to double bezel the OEC in rose gold and then silver, and prong set the tsav with a "fakey" bezel in 18k yellow gold. Don't know if I want to do the shank in white metal or not...

Anyways, I'm still open to other ideas! Especially if you have photos of prong settigns!

Do you think it would look too weird to have one bezeled and one prong set? Should I prong or bezel both? Help?!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You FINALLY got it - yay! :appl:

Beautiful, and I wouldn't bezel it. It would darken up too much.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is a beautiful stone, the color is just so perfect!

I agree that bezeling it would probably make it too dark, it is really perfect the way it is.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! I love the color too.

I'm in no rush to set it, I'll probabl wait until after the holiday rush.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous color on the tsav, love it with the OEC, love the bypass idea, love the rose gold with the OEC....in fact, I love it all. :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color MTG! Is your heart set on a ring? Because that would make a fabulous pendant! Especially with the OEC.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Simply gorgeous! Beautiful green. Can't wait to see how you set it.

A little off topic, but in a couple of your pics it looks like you have a mokume gane wedding band, correct? Do you have a thread on this or would you be able to share who made it? I'm thinking about a colored stone/mokume ring project. Thanks.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Heavenly! It just glows!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great color! I like your setting idea too-sounds pretty cool!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So relieved that you got it :appl:

The color is amazing and I love it with the diamond. I think it would look great in a pendant, too but I'd probably want to "see" it in a ring if it were mine. I'm kind of kicking myself for not having grabbed it when I had the chance!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pierreone said:
Simply gorgeous! Beautiful green. Can't wait to see how you set it.

A little off topic, but in a couple of your pics it looks like you have a mokume gane wedding band, correct? Do you have a thread on this or would you be able to share who made it? I'm thinking about a colored stone/mokume ring project. Thanks.

I do have a mokume gane bad (as does my husband, his is 7mm). I don't have a thread dedicated to it, as they are "boring" by PS photography standards, lol.

I had them made by DE.Mokume, but honestly, I can't say I would recommend them. But others here have spoken really highly of other mokume artists, I'm sure you could get more recommendations!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621 said:
Gorgeous color MTG! Is your heart set on a ring? Because that would make a fabulous pendant! Especially with the OEC.

I'm not 100% set on anything yet, but I'm much more of a ring person than a pendant person. Mostly cause I wanna see it!

tefutefu

Rough_Rock
I never really had a thing for green gems but I think your pictures just made me change my mind :love:
That's such a beautiful colour! :appl:
I agree with Sarahbear621 that it would make a great pendant together with the OEC but a ring sounds great too!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

I'm also in the process of getting this 5mm OEC, which would be closer to this 5.5mm tsav which might make a more balanced bypass.

Alternatively, once I see the OEC, I might see if it would look right in a 3 stone ring design or pendant.

oecL5mm.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Your new tsavorite is lovely! I will be interested to see what you do with it. I just got Gene's ruby that he recently posted on his blog and it measures 5.92mm so it is close in size to your stone. I originally thought halo but now I am thinking a three stone. I have never had a stone quite this small, so really don't know what to do with it. Your photos turned out great too!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
beautiful little tsav MTG, and I really like the idea of a '2 stone' ring with one of the old cuts..
I am thinking you should bezel both, as one bezel and one prong-set in a bypass could look odd..than again, I don't believe
you should have any probs bezeling the tsav as long as you choose a collete style, let a lot of light in etc - it is precision cut after all.

So, my first choice would be a bezeled 2 stone, two tone for sure..
or perhaps if you really want to use prongs on the tsav, use 6 or 8 prongs so it is more of a consistent look with the bezeled OEC..?
Either way, make sure you choose a talented goldsmith - two stone rings can be tricky to pull off, but if done nicely can be very striking!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely stone, and I like your idea of combining it with a diamond. You have great taste in jewelry, I am interested to see how it turns out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not something I’d bezel unless it is totally open in the pavilion (collet set). I also like the idea of an old style 2 stone ring (bypass) and think it might look nicer in 18K gold, so a two tone will fit the bill.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been trying to find "inspiration" photos of older style bypasses, but I"m not having too much luck.
I would love to see photos if anyone has them!

Once the other OEC comes in, I might consider using that instead for the second stone since it's closer in size (5mm) and probably about equally large visually since it's a white stone. So I might just prong set both (despite my deep love of bezels!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results