shape
carat
color
clarity

* New additions to my bling family *

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
My pink tourmaline pendant and earrings are finally set!!!! They are done perfectly! Just in time for Chinese New Year! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I will take more pictures as soon as my hubby leaves to gym. He always tease me for taking pictures of my jewelery.

Pink Toumaline Set.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO pretty! Did you consider putting the little "flowers" on the studs too or will they unbalance the earrings too much?

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
The earrings are very small, less than 1cm wide. So if I add the butterfly (wuuu wuu... It doesn't look it one?) on the earrings, it would be hard to make and hard to see.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm....I'm not good at describing things, so a butterfly is certainly far more accurate than a "flower thingy". :cheeky:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was waiting to see what the finished article would look like- and it looks amazing! Can't wait for the neck/ear shots. :)

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I tried to take some ear/neck shots but not successful. It is very hard to do it on my own, and if I ask my hubby to take some for me, he will laugh at me for a very long time. So, I am only able to take some close up pictures of the set. If I have time tomorrow, I shall take same photo under natural light.

Here is the whole pink tourmaline family. I guess it has enough members now. Let me build family in other type of colored stone next round. I think blue would be next, any suggestions?
IMG_0772%20(800x451).jpg

Close up of the pendant
IMG_0779%20(800x618).jpg

Close up of the earrings
IMG_0777%20(800x587).jpg

Hope you all enjoy the photos... ::)

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
It's entrancing. I'm a bit of a sucker for nicely coloured Morganite. The set is so pretty and delicate - clever you!

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Oh... I think you all may also interested in some photos of the roughs, loose stones and the cutting process.

The stones are all cut by Lloyd from Clear Cut Gems. Lloyd is a great guy and he gave me a lot of suggestions during the process. Here are some photos he sent to me throughout the process...

The rough
cloeytourmrough2.jpg

The cutting process
cltrmcut.jpgcltrmcut1.jpg

The finished stones
cltrmcut2.jpgcltrmgrp2.jpg

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Thank you JewelFreak, Happybear, Chrono, Chel180, Starzin, and Stargurl!

Chrono, ny husband thought it is a flower too... After I told him it is a butterfly, he still thinks it looks like a flower... ;(

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love them all. I have been a huge fan of your ring, teh pendant is gorgeous, love the butterfly, seriously, it is all so pretty. What a great suite.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely stones....thank you for pictures of the process!

i like that the pendant has the flower but the earrings do not.

nice set that i'm sure will give you many years of pleasure.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1327075983|3107447 said:
lovely stones....thank you for pictures of the process!

i like that the pendant has the flower but the earrings do not.

nice set that i'm sure will give you many years of pleasure.

Ditto!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! It's a very delicate, feminine looking set.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your tourmaline family is lovely! The soft pink color and delicate settings work so well together. The butterfly on the pendant is a nice touch. I think a blue set would be pretty. What type of gemstone do you think you'll use if you do a blue family?

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Deia, Moviezombie, canuk-gal, Aoife, BurberryGal, and Winternight for your compliment.

BurberryGal - I was born in March, so I guess I will use aquamarine for the blue family. But it is hard to find aqua in nice blue, so I guess it will take a long while to build the blue family.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I woke up earlier than usual to take some more photos of the set. Hope you don't mind that I post the set over and over again.

Collage1.jpgCollage3.jpgCollage2.jpg

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Oh fussykiki,

You can post the set a million times!
I will still say it is beautiful!!! :appl: :appl:
Where did you get this set done, by the way? It is very well done!

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

I live in Hong Kong and the set is done by a local jeweler here. Pretty good craftsmanship I must say. I am sure the same thing would cost a lot more in the States.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've said it before and I'll say it again - I absolutely :love: ADORE :love: your set. Phenomenally pretty! Congratulations.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely! :love: :appl:

-A

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That has got to be the prettiest set I have ever seen!!! Congrats! :love:

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Thank you LD, Arcadian, Aprilbaby and Asscherhalo lover!

My sister-in-law saw them tonight and she decided to make a similar set too. What do you think they will look like if set in rose gold? :confused:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the pictures of you wearing the set reinforces my belief that you did the right thing in not having the flower on the earrings. the pendant is stunning on you.

re SIL: red/rose gold should be fine....and if that tone is better on her skin, all the better, especially since it will make your set distinct and truely your own.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results