Needed a pick-me-up...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... so I bought this:

jdspinelpt83ct.jpg

and these:

jdspinelpairpt53ct.jpg

to something like this (a cigar band ring) with 14K white gold, 2 rows of channel-set diamond melees and a smooth band:

cigarbandring.png

The CSs are from Jeff Davies, and I love his eBay shop - these are my 3rd and 4th purchases in a month! :love:

Hopefully, I shall have sufficient fund to make this ring in time for my 50th birthday celebration in Feb 2015. The tent can wait another month or so.

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!!
What a way to celebrate your 50th birthday!! The colors are such a stunning match together and aaaah.... the color and shape of that center stone :love:. It's from Jeff Davies, isn't it?
Who will make your statement ring for you?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words. :))

I meant to say "to make something like this ..." in the original post, doh!

All 3 CSs are from Jeff Davies, and I had been eyeing them for some time.

The ring is likely to be a custom piece to be made by diamondmounts of eBay to keep the cost within reach for Feb 2015 completion date.

I am toying with the idea of adding a third colour, using Tsavorite garnet melees like these instead of white diamonds:

tsavoritegarnet.jpg

DK :naughty:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Like the color combination of your beautiful gems more then the posted ring!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1414878252|3776117 said:
Like the color combination of your beautiful gems more then the posted ring!

Thank you. :)

The ring in the pic is not my cup of tea, however, it is the closest in style that I could find so far.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I have seen the type of ring I have in mind before, here it is, a bombé ring:

bombering.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ps0919.jpg

Can we be Jeff Davies' spinel sisters? I just bought these grey spinels from Jeff, too!!

Jeff seems to have some nice sapphire melee these days. How about melee in different shapes - I saw he had some in princess cut, too, which might be a change from rounds and ovals? Are you thinking of YG like in the inspiration pics you posted, or a different metal?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good choice re: purple Spinel pair. :))

I saw the nice blue Sapphire melees on his site. However, I believe green will work better with the two colours already chosen, personal choice, of course.

Still not sure about whether to add a third colour or not though, as it may make the ring look too busy with 3 colours.

Besides, with Spinel and diamonds, I can wear it every day; however, it may not be suitable for daily wear if I add Tsavorite to the mix.

As for the shape, square or princess will work too. It will be in WG as I do not wear yellow or rose gold as they do not suit my skin tone.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drew the ring using Visio software last night, and decided on 2 colours + diamonds, as a third colour looked too gaudy for my liking.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
The stones are lovely DK - I do hope you are sufficiently "picked up" with these beauties and I really like your design!!! Looking forward to it's progress... and yaay for gemmies over tents ;))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling suitably picked up, thanks.

Still deciding on the setting, whether to go for a simple bezel set 3-stone ring, or the more ornate bombé ring above. Hey ho.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
What about something that encompasses a little of each?

gem-chrys-_amp_-dia-ring-blackmountainjewelry-rg34-front.jpg

gem-silica-chrys-_amp_-dia-ring-blackmountainjewelry-rg34-side.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like this, a Gypsy ring as I prefer shiny white metal, lots of:

vintage_gypsy_rings.jpg

I intend to wear it on a regular basis on my left hand ring finger - it is time for a new ring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK,
You have the finger real estate for a very thick/wide band? Can't wait for your review of the new stones.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1415107074|3777296 said:
DK,
You have the finger real estate for a very thick/wide band? Can't wait for your review of the new stones.

Oh yes.

Below is a pic of my large ruby ring next to my small ruby ring (the latter is my current day to day ring for the LH ring finger). The band is nearly 10mm, and the halo does not even cover my finger!!! Chubby fingers I have for certain.

bezelsetrubyrings.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's called having hands with a strong presence. You can wear stuff that I cannot pull off without looking cartoon-y/silly. ;))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a pic of my 1.19ct EC intended for my right hand middle finger, my 40th birthday present to myself, and it is too small for that finger now, and I have to wear it on my ring finger instead.

largeeconfinger.jpg

The band is about 2.5mm at the top, and it looks kind of weedy on my finger. Hence I shall re-set it one day in some form of halo.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah, I am chubby/chunky, hands and all, full stop!!!

DK :oops: :lol:

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful idea for a pick me up! I hope it does the trick.

I have picked up a couple of those spinel pairs from Jeff too, although I think yours, DK168, are the most saturated out of the bunch. I am looking forward to seeing your project take shape!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results