shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Having a Loose Sapphire Set...

SueW

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I recently received a beautiful 2.19 carat Sapphire as a gift from a very dear friend. It's not heat treated. I'd like to have it made into a pendant but I don't know where to start. I live in NYC and we do have a great diamond district. I'm just not sure how to know who to trust? I'd appreciate any and all assistance. This stone is priceless to me and has enormous sentimental value. Here's a pic-I know it's not the best and will try and get a better one. Thanks in advance!

sapphire1.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
You might try StuArt on Sullivan street between spring and prince in soho.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want something custom set and are willing to send it off through the postal system, there are many Etsy benchpeople who are both trustworthy and capable, yet cost competitive.

SueW

Rough_Rock
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I realize to you experts it's probably not an ideal color but I love it. It's a light blue-green in most light and comes from Montana. Thanks again for your help!

SueW

Rough_Rock
Well I spent an hour searching Etsy in vain. If you could provide some specific names/shops to look at, I'd be grateful.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Sue, at the top of the coloured stones forum there is a "sticky" or "pinned list", you will find several Etsy vendors - Heart of Water (Thai), Janish Jewels etc try some of those on the list and see if anything appeals. If not, come back (preferably with a picture) and tell us what sort of pendant you do like.

Or you could show us a picture and say "my budget is $X, can you recommend someone who would be able to create this for that ballpark amount"

Good luck and keep us updated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results