shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a square cushion cut sapphire

Flyingcow

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a 3 ct or bigger square cushion cut sapphire. Prefer no heat treatment and cornflower color or darker. Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, will need budget, picture(s) of what you want and mm size. I've seen all too many 3 carat stones face up like 2 carat stones due to the cutting.

Flyingcow

Rough_Rock
i dont know how to add pics. Can someone help.

Budget is $15k. of course, cheaper is better :D I want to set it in a Halo setting. Would this setting block the light to the stone?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) Click "post reply" (like you are going to reply to this message)
2) At the bottom of the message window, you will 2 two tabs/folders. The one in the front says "options". Click on the tab in the back, which says "upload attachments".
3) Next to "file name", click on "Browse". A window will appear that shows your desktop. Select the picture, and click "Open". This window will close
4) Now you will see the file name next to the "Browse" button.
5) You can now write a comment that will appear under the picture in the white space under "Browse", to the right of "File comment".
6) (You an skip this step and go to step 7 if you only want to post 1 pic.) You can add 3 additional pics (4 total) by clicking "add the file" (to the right of the file name. This will refresh the screen and "attach" the picture without posting it (yet). (If you get a red error message saying "The extension [format] is not allowed", that means you need to change the format of your picture.) If your picture is accepted, you can now add another one.
7) You can post your message and picture (and a file comment) by pressing submit, just like you do when you post a message. (You can also click "preview" to see how your message/picture will look.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting for you! Even if you end up buying online, I can recommend looking at stones in real life as well to find out what makes your heart sing and what color matches your skintone best.
If you end up buying online, make sure there is an excellent return policy.

The experts here will be able to help you select your dream stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very dark blue and so very far from my idea of cornflower blue. Okay, I'll see what's out there.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

schroest

Rough_Rock
I'm in a very similar boat, was targeting a squarish cushion blue sapphire though 5k or so less on total budget stone + setting. Click through my profile to recent posts for 2 options I considered...for now I am probably going with option 1; option 2 I understand is out at the HK gem show right now but would be worth seeing. B6189 at NSC.

Also if you're not completely set on cushion and would consider oval, check out the 5.21ct Gary Braun has at Finewater gems. Have seen it in person - gorgeous cut, just was a little too light in saturation for my girl; also is violetish blue. (no treatments). And Gary has been great to work with so far.

Flyingcow

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

schroest|1425275853|3840594 said:
I'm in a very similar boat, was targeting a squarish cushion blue sapphire though 5k or so less on total budget stone + setting. Click through my profile to recent posts for 2 options I considered...for now I am probably going with option 1; option 2 I understand is out at the HK gem show right now but would be worth seeing. B6189 at NSC.

Also if you're not completely set on cushion and would consider oval, check out the 5.21ct Gary Braun has at Finewater gems. Have seen it in person - gorgeous cut, just was a little too light in saturation for my girl; also is violetish blue. (no treatments). And Gary has been great to work with so far.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results