shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help finding a montana sapphire for a bentwood ring

Nbiller

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!! Well I have been wearing my cluster antique montana engagement ring for about a month and love it more and more each day!!!

I have just moved to boston and while on public transit sometimes I get stares in a positive way yet make me feel the need to turn the ring for safety at night. I will be taking a couple big trips to developing countries this year for my research (geology field work) and was thinking I might want an inexpensive travel ring.

My fiancé loves the wooden rings and I think they are super cool too so this gives me a reason to get one.

I really like the one in this picture but would probably only use one type of wood. I spoke with my jeweler about bezel setting and he said it could be done it would just not be as secure as a metal setting. However if I only wear this ring on trips and it doesn't cost too much I'm okay with that.

So here's the challenge everyone... I already have the diamonds for the sides but I want a montana for the center stone. I'm looking for a 3-4.5mm round in the most vivid seafoam/teal we can find. My budget for this is rather small as it's just my travel ring and I already spent a small fortune on the other ring. I'm hoping to find a stone I'm happy with for $100-$300. Inclusions are ok my priority is saturation. Please help me!!! I have checked out gemfix and they are out of my price range it seems. Blaze n gems has many that are cheap but I'm having trouble evaluating the color does anyone see one that might work?

I would really appreciate any assistance on this!!

Thanks!

_21315.jpg

Nbiller

Rough_Rock
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMERICAN-CUT-43-Ct-Natural-Greenish-Blue-Montana-Sapphire-/131250863202?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item1e8f293c62

STONE: Sapphire
WEIGHT: .43 Cts.

CUT: Fancy Round Brilliant
DIMENSIONS: 4.51mm

ORIGIN: Montana, U.S.A.
TREATMENT: Heat Only

COLOR: Slightly Greenish Medium Blue
CLARITY: Very Good+ (Eye Clean, Nearly Flawless)

CUT BY: Dan

COMMENTS: Very pretty Montana sapphire with great clarity and good color.

What do you guys think of this one? He describes it as good color but to me it looks very muted? How to dan's pictures usually compare to the stone in hand?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
it is a pretty stone, for its type size and price point, all of which I think fit you wants. I believe they have a policy of not doing extra shots, too much time and labor for them after having already set up the shoot once for the stone. As they do now provide video, and the one they gave does not work, they might fix that for you. It is a nice stone for a ring that might be torn from your hand by savages and thrown in to a sacrificial fire!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None are vivid or well saturated. Can the jeweller source anything for you? Given the 4 mm size, you'd be hard pressed to find something vivid and precision lapidaries don't find it worth their time to cut something this small. Since this is an occasional wear/backup ring and you have a tight budget, you might want to consider tourmaline which does this colour much better than a sapphire.

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Second the notion of contacting Blaze. I didn't see anything in his inventory that fit your wants, but he has lots of unlisted stuff, especially heated stones/smaller sizes. He can get something "native cut" overseas from his Montana rough as well, for very low prices. Tell him exactly what size/color you want. The problem here is what you want is too small for many to be listed - they do exist and you can afford one.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Also Mountain Momma on etsy has some smaller sizes. Didn't see anything on her store right now that fits your wants, but as she sells parcels of very small stones I think she'd possibly have something.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
the 2nd one from Blaze linked by DJ is really nice, very saturated. Could you use that?

Nbiller

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Dan got back to me and I'm thinking both stones while really cheap are going to be very washed out dull looking. Blaze got back to me with some photos, let me know what you think, I like the top left and bottom middle set.

I actually really like the green one linked it's very vibrant and the size could work. I was hoping for more blue mixed with the green but it's growing on me the more I loom at it.

The last picture looks by far the best, I'm assuming it's outside. The bigger stone on the left looks great to me here but not so good in the other pictures.

_21345.jpg

_21346.jpg

_21347.jpg

_21348.jpg

Nbiller

Rough_Rock
VapidLapid|1407896136|3731257 said:
it is a pretty stone, for its type size and price point, all of which I think fit you wants. I believe they have a policy of not doing extra shots, too much time and labor for them after having already set up the shoot once for the stone. As they do now provide video, and the one they gave does not work, they might fix that for you. It is a nice stone for a ring that might be torn from your hand by savages and thrown in to a sacrificial fire!!!!

Haha!!!!

Nbiller

Rough_Rock
Also found this on loupe troupe, it's the one not set that's round. She put it with other blue/green stone for comparison.

_21349.jpg

_21350.jpg

_21351.jpg

_21352.jpg

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
The three in the center of blaze's pics all look pretty close to me, although the bigger one is darker? Remember, his pictures suck. Personally, I would order all the ones I was interested in, and return whichever I didn't like. You could send them all back, Blaze won't mind at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results