shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help change on last minute

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what you mean? Do you mean a ring with just a solitaire without any diamonds doesn't appeal to you?

If the diamonds being conflict free is important, I'd do a three stone. They do have vintage style three srones , if she does like that idea. I'll see if I can post some photos.

nScope

Rough_Rock
Niel|1418232746|3798927 said:
What did you decide about the pave? Are you still concerned about the ethical nature of the pave?

Chrono|1418233417|3798938 said:
I don't think diamond melees will have proper paperwork stating their origin (I do not take the vendor's word of it as I would want independent proof to back up their claims). Pave is a style of setting melee diamonds in the ring.

I had a word with Rarade dealer near me (For this setting) and they said all their melee diamonds are conflict free and can provide a certificate for that. Diamonds used are VS2 or SI1 and color is G/H.

Chrono|1418232773|3798928 said:
http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_blue.html
Sapphire 1202 might work.
Sapphire 1187 also has potential.
Sapphire 1127 is lighter (may not be what you are looking for).

If I go with 1202 Is that the best I can do with my budget ?? I will put this in the above setting. I will have to buy today.

Niel|1418247174|3799078 said:
I am not sure what you mean? Do you mean a ring with just a solitaire without any diamonds doesn't appeal to you?

If the diamonds being conflict free is important, I'd do a three stone. They do have vintage style three stones , if she does like that idea. I'll see if I can post some photos.

Yeah Sapphire solitaire ring, diamonds with it make it more elegant (What I feel). What do you think of the setting above ? Yeah sure post some pics.

Thank you all for your responses.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not the hugest fan of that setting but ita not my opinion that matters, ita hers. My only concern is you said she likes vintage rings. This is not in a vintage/antique styling.

nScope

Rough_Rock
Niel|1418313878|3799455 said:
I am not the hugest fan of that setting but ita not my opinion that matters, ita hers. My only concern is you said she likes vintage rings. This is not in a vintage/antique styling.

What about the sapphire ? We are going to the Parade jewelry shop near me to try few on and will see if she likes that one or any other.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are interested in the GemFix sapphires, ask Andrew for his opinion on all three (or whichever 2 or 3 you like best) to find out which would be your best bet. Send him pictures of the bright blue sapphire that you like as colour reference.

1. Make sure the sapphire will not become too dark indoors
2. Make sure the sapphire doesn't become too gray under fluorescent light

Most importantly, whichever stone you select, make sure you see it under various lights first before having it set. This way, you will know for sure if it is the right stone for you and can send it back for a full refund if it doesn't wow you.

nScope

Rough_Rock
chrono said:
If you are interested in the GemFix sapphires, ask Andrew for his opinion on all three (or whichever 2 or 3 you like best) to find out which would be your best bet. Send him pictures of the bright blue sapphire that you like as colour reference.

1. Make sure the sapphire will not become too dark indoors
2. Make sure the sapphire doesn't become too gray under fluorescent light

Most importantly, whichever stone you select, make sure you see it under various lights first before having it set. This way, you will know for sure if it is the right stone for you and can send it back for a full refund if it doesn't wow you.

Reply from Andrew

Thanks for contacting us!

Comparing side by side, #1187 is darker, #1202 is brighter and closer to the color in the picture you attached. It is a gorgeous stone, excellent color and clarity. However it is more saturated than the photo, to the trade this is actually considered a ‘better’ color.
If you prefer the lighter color, #1159 is almost spot-on, but has an inclusion at the edge (11 0’clock position on the image below).

These are both precision cut so there are no issues with windowing or fat girdles, crooked pavilions, etc.

Hope that helps. Please let us know if we can answer any other questions for you!

Kind regards,
Andrew & Laura
Gemfix

I am buying 1202, not sure about my decision tho. Going by all your recommendations. Where can I find Jeff White sapphires heard a lot about them.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you receive the sapphire, view it under different types of light conditions to see whether you love it some times, most of the time or all the time. Only then will you know whether you made the right choice.

Contact for Jeff White.
http://www.whitesgems.com/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results