shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help change on last minute

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The JA stone comes with a return policy but the colour looks watery (probably too dark in person with a purple modifier). It does not look nice on the website so I hope it looks much nicer in person. Perhaps the camera is blocking out the light source.
The LT sapphire is secondhand so the sale is final, colour looks nice if a bit dark and is precision cut. If purchased new directly from Jeff White, this sapphire will be much more than $1K.

liao

Shiny_Rock
nScope|1417567104|3794158 said:
Chrono|1417546889|3793975 said:
No problem. Let's see what we have to work with.

Stone = blue sapphire
Budget = $5K. Is this only for the stone or does it include the setting? I would like to keep under $6000 with setting.

Size = ? Not huge but good decent size. maybe 1.5 ? not sure. I was looking for 1 carat diamond before.
What mm size do you hope to reach? Because sapphires are dense, they look smaller than diamonds. They are also cut deeper so let's shop by mm size, rather than carat weight.

Shape = ? Round and Oval
Are you open to ovals or it has to be a specific shape such as round, square cushion, rectangular cushion, etc?

Colour = ? Royal Blue ? I have posted few pics that she liked. She really like the ring on the banner in this link.
Please post pictures of sapphire colours that you (she) likes. Doesn't matter if it belongs to somebody or is already sold. This will give us some idea of what you want so we know what to suggest.

Treatment = ? I have read untreated are rare ? If I can get untreated within my budget I would say untreated. Please guide me on this one.
Heated or untreated?

She wants conflict free diamond and that is a must for her.

be1rsh1-sb6rd_white_top_1.jpg be1m7061-sb6rd_white_top.jpg be188-sb6rd_white_top.jpg
be111a-sb6rd_white_top.jpg be1bd12r2-sb6rd_white_top.jpg

wow! if she also concern about stone that is free from ethical issue, you might want to get her a stone from the moon!!! :naughty: Try to get her gems from US and Australia, or... canada?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Consider green lake jewelry works.
You can read about their policies here
http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/faq.aspx

For what its worth I really like that Jeff white sapphire, and it would leave you a lot of $$ for the setting

nScope

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1418146176|3798297 said:
The JA stone comes with a return policy but the colour looks watery (probably too dark in person with a purple modifier). It does not look nice on the website so I hope it looks much nicer in person. Perhaps the camera is blocking out the light source.
The LT sapphire is secondhand so the sale is final, colour looks nice if a bit dark and is precision cut. If purchased new directly from Jeff White, this sapphire will be much more than $1K.

Which one would you buy ?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's one from green lake

uploadfromtaptalk1418147400056.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither stone can be proven to be ethically sourced so neither are suitable for you. I would purchase neither because I need to be assured of a return policy. If the LT sapphire's owner is open to a review period, that is the stone I would consider.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1418147002|3798310 said:
Consider green lake jewelry works.
You can read about their policies here
http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/faq.aspx

For what its worth I really like that Jeff white sapphire, and it would leave you a lot of $$ for the setting

Quote:
We care about the Earth, so we make our jewelry in the most carefully & responsible way. We hand-select fine gemstones that are conflict free; we choose suppliers who care & who make sure that these precious gems are mined responsibly too.
End Quote

I would be interested to know their criteria for selecting conflict free gems and their definition of responsible mining. If I were a stickler for ethically sourced gems, I would need proof to back up their claims.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The store will sell you just the setting only? What is the ctw of the diamonds, and their colour and clarity? Most white gold will require re-plating after several months to years, depending on the wearer's body chemistry.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nScope|1418150089|3798353 said:
Niel|1418147966|3798328 said:

I was considering this one if I can find a stone under $2000. What do you guys think of this setting and any idea about the quality ?

That setting doesn't look much like her inspiration settings.
I thought she wanted an antique style

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't find any information about whether the diamond melees are conflict -free and/or ethically mined.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
You might want to check out Mountain Momma gems - https://www.etsy.com/shop/MountainMommaGems#.. Different from what you were looking for, but they're mined by the family, so you're going right to the source. Otherwise, it might be challenging to confirm proper living/working conditions, proper care for the environment, use or lack thereof of child laborers, etc (if this is what is meant by ethical). :wavey:

nScope

Rough_Rock
Niel|1418147413|3798320 said:
Here's one from green lake

Why is this expensive than the one mentioned above from Jeff's ? Only coz it is used ? If it was new what would be the price of the Jeff one's ?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find Greenlake's gemstone pricing to be expensive when I visited their store last year. I don't know how much the JW sapphire originally sold for.

nScope

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1418226787|3798853 said:
I find Greenlake's gemstone pricing to be expensive when I visited their store last year. I don't know how much the JW sapphire originally sold for.

Will it be a good buy if I buy that ? and with this setting. I asked for accent diamond clarity, carat and color and they will get beck to me. Where can i find best settings ? which are very popular here for quality ? Brian Gavin, who else ?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good buy for which one? The setting you posted is very modern; I thought she likes halos and antique designs?

nScope

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1418228088|3798870 said:
Good buy for which one? The setting you posted is very modern; I thought she likes halos and antique designs?

this diamond. The setting were just for diamond color, she liked those but she chose the one I posted above while we were looking.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My concern is that the sale is final so you are stuck with it should you decide it's not the right one for you. The sapphire appears to become quite dark at times. Do a search here on Pricescope where you can see many more pictures of this 1.47 ct sapphire. Even for a veteran such as myself, I just returned 2 stones this week because they weren't the right one for me.

nScope

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1418228996|3798887 said:
My concern is that the sale is final so you are stuck with it should you decide it's not the right one for you. The sapphire appears to become quite dark at times. Do a search here on Pricescope where you can see many more pictures of this 1.47 ct sapphire. Even for a veteran such as myself, I just returned 2 stones this week because they weren't the right one for me.
hmm so where to look I have looked at the links above and kind of did not find what I was looking. I am looking for Sri lanka Sapphire.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Origin has little bearing unless you are looking for a significant sized top colour unheated blue sapphire. Just focus on the colour that you want.

nScope

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1418232279|3798919 said:
Origin has little bearing unless you are looking for a significant sized top colour unheated blue sapphire. Just focus on the colour that you want.

Is the price of this diamond way inflated, can I do better ?? She does not like the idea of used sapphire.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you decide about the pave? Are you still concerned about the ethical nature of the pave?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nScope

Rough_Rock
Niel|1418232746|3798927 said:
What did you decide about the pave? Are you still concerned about the ethical nature of the pave?

When you say Pave is it setting ? Sorry I am new to this. If stone has origin written I should be fine and as for ring I am not that concerned as someone mentioned that most of the gold/platinum is recycled anyways (Maybe I am wrong). Looking at settings from Brilliantly engaged, read good things about there quality and craftsmanship.

nScope

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1418232773|3798928 said:
http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_blue.html
Sapphire 1202 might work.
Sapphire 1187 also has potential.
Sapphire 1127 is lighter (may not be what you are looking for).

Cool I saw that link but did not know if it was good place to buy. Thanks will take a look.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think diamond melees will have proper paperwork stating their origin (I do not take the vendor's word of it as I would want independent proof to back up their claims). Pave is a style of setting melee diamonds in the ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1418233417|3798938 said:
I don't think diamond melees will have proper paperwork stating their origin (I do not take the vendor's word of it as I would want independent proof to back up their claims). Pave is a style of setting melee diamonds in the ring.
That's what I was going to say.

The itty bitty diamonds in the settings you are looking at will not, most likely, have any way to verify origin or conflict.

What I was going to suggest, if this is important to her, is to move to a three stone ring.

nScope

Rough_Rock
chrono said:
Niel said:
That's what I was going to say.

The itty bitty diamonds in the settings you are looking at will not, most likely, have any way to verify origin or conflict.

What I was going to suggest, if this is important to her, is to move to a three stone ring.

Yeah that is good idea will talk to her about that. The sapphire alone does not look that good but will see if I can find some settings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results