shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a 6.4mm/6.5mm stone...thinking about this chrysoberyl

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I've been thinking about getting a chrysoberyl to put in the below setting as a gift to my fmil (the setting was her great-aunt's and my ering diamond comes from it). I want to do something yellow, even though the setting is platinum, because its a good color on her/for her and its her son/my SO's birthstone color. Also, TL's last chrysoberyl pair is haunting me and this is from the same seller.

What do you guys think of this one? Too green? Is yellow/green generally a bad idea in a white metal? The diamond that came from the setting is 6.49 mm and round so I need something in this size range.

Blue and possibly light green could also be options. There is also a merelani garnet I've got my eye on that is amazing.

Thanks!

mod_resize_img.php.jpg

IMG_3287.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Need a 6.4mm/6.5mm stone...thinking about this chrysober

That's pretty. I think Tan's chrysoberyls look more yellow in person and more green in his videos. However, you can't go wrong with that stone, especially for the price, and it's all natural (no treatment), and very durable, and well cut. I wouldn't do white metal, it's really not complimentary to yellow stones IMHO.

Thanks for the kind words on my chrysoberyl pair. I love them.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmm, now I'll have to go look up how your chrysoberyl is set, TL, because I was thinking yellow gold would clash with the greenish yellow color of chrysoberyl, but I love yours in its setting. Is your set in yellow? Actually, knowing you, its probably set in rose gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1300483555|2874851 said:
Hmm, now I'll have to go look up how your chrysoberyl is set, TL, because I was thinking yellow gold would clash with the greenish yellow color of chrysoberyl, but I love yours in its setting. Is your set in yellow? Actually, knowing you, its probably set in rose gold :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!! That's me, "Miss Rose Gold." It's set in 14K yellow gold halo with a white gold shank. I think rose gold would be nice too with a neon color like that as well (although I do know some people would cringe at the thought :errrr: )

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

tourmaline_lover|1300482830|2874826 said:
That's pretty. I think Tan's chrysoberyls look more yellow in person and more green in his videos. However, you can't go wrong with that stone, especially for the price, and it's all natural (no treatment), and very durable, and well cut. I wouldn't do white metal, it's really not complimentary to yellow stones IMHO.

Thanks for the kind words on my chrysoberyl pair. I love them.

That's what I was hoping you'd say, especially after looking at your pictures! I think I might just get it and if it doesn't work with white metal, I may just keep it, given the price. :naughty: . Thanks, TL! Woo.

ETA to not sound as concussed as I am.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results