shape
carat
color
clarity

Natural blue topaz asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Since I''m broke, I have to get my joy out of enabling while I''m waiting for my jewelry from Sally. Here is a TDF 8mm natural blue topaz asscher at Bespoke Gems . I want it so bad, so somebody please buy it and help me contain myself and not use up all of the grocery money on more gemstones
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL stone.....I''d love to buy it and give it to you Marie!!!

Lori

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 6:30:40 AM
Author: loriken214

Lori

Lori, you are so sweet!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
That is indeed very nice Marie, thanks for pointing it out-
but wow, that price, for topaz?!
33.gif

I am currently looking at purchasing a 10mm square em. cut blue topaz, so almost the
same thing as that gem, but bigger - and it will be ~100 US including shipping.
I understand it's about the cutting, not the material, but that's a huge difference!

It's a shame, as I would love to support this Aussie precision faceter..

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
The price reflects the fact that this is naturally coloured blue topaz as opposed to the irradiated stuff we see all the time.

Unless I am mistaken, I believe this is Doug''s first asscher. I suspect we will see many more from him.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I''m not sure what the exchange rate is, but I was able to get my natural blue topaz asscher recently from Gary at Finewater Gems for much less. It was supposed to be a 10mm but some surprise inclusions made it 8mm, and went from $200 to $150 US. I know he still had some of that natural topaz material a few weeks ago -- maybe you could have one from him and still have some grocery money leftover?
2.gif

Here is the thread.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ,

If you look at his page, there is a natural white topaz that is the same size or bigger, I think, and half the price. I think that is because natural blue topaz is more scarce (he digs it himself.)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 10:10:12 AM
Author: fierypyropixy
Hmmm, I''m not sure what the exchange rate is, but I was able to get my natural blue topaz asscher recently from Gary at Finewater Gems for much less. It was supposed to be a 10mm but some surprise inclusions made it 8mm, and went from $200 to $150 US. I know he still had some of that natural topaz material a few weeks ago -- maybe you could have one from him and still have some grocery money leftover?
2.gif

Here is the thread.

Hi,

thanks for thinking of me, I remember your thread. I''ll go check it out.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 6:30:40 AM
Author: loriken214

Lori

Lori, thank you again for your sweet words, I''ve been on small clouds all day because of your kindness and wanted to tell you how touched I felt.

Marie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love his cutting. I remember posting the "ocatadome" cut (the third one down on that page) as an example of a cutting style that minimizes tilt-windows in low RI stones. It''s beautiful. Thank you for sharing this lapidary''s work with everyone MT!!
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I remember that stone, TL. Gorgeous! And Doug is a great guy to talk with.
1.gif
Definitely someone Pricescopers should know about. He''s got some nice looking rough too for special wishes
31.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that topaz is gorgeous, and I don''t have any asschers in my collection yet......

Thanks for the link, marie - I''ve spent a very enjoyable time browsing his spectacular stones!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 11:28:51 AM
Author: cellentani
Wow, that topaz is gorgeous, and I don''t have any asschers in my collection yet......

Thanks for the link, marie - I''ve spent a very enjoyable time browsing his spectacular stones!

Always happy to enable
9.gif
, if nothing else, then eye candy. Did you find anything in particular?

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I know you were talking more to cellentani, but I find one of the madeira citrines to be interesting . . . the one in an Acorn cut. I don''t know how well that would work in a ring, but as a desk pretty it seems intriguing! I take that back, I guess the depth isn''t too far off from one of the asschers that size . . . still, though, hmmmmmmm . . .

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 1:11:07 PM
Author: fierypyropixy
I know you were talking more to cellentani, but I find one of the madeira citrines to be interesting . . . the one in an Acorn cut. I don''t know how well that would work in a ring, but as a desk pretty it seems intriguing! I take that back, I guess the depth isn''t too far off from one of the asschers that size . . . still, though, hmmmmmmm . . .

I know what you mean, I really like the look of that cut. I just haven''t figured out a way to set it that shows off the cut, because of its uniqueness. Thanks for sharing
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I like that acorn citrine too! I''d almost hate to set it, ''cause that''s a stone I''d like to play with. In addition to the 2 asschers (not sure about the dark middle of the white topaz though), I like the octadome that TL mentioned, and I even like both of the irradiated blue topazes. One thing I especially appreciate is how he gives tilted views of his stones! Definitely bookmarking his site!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 1:59:13 PM
Author: cellentani
I like that acorn citrine too! I''d almost hate to set it, ''cause that''s a stone I''d like to play with. In addition to the 2 asschers (not sure about the dark middle of the white topaz though), I like the octadome that TL mentioned, and I even like both of the irradiated blue topazes. One thing I especially appreciate is how he gives tilted views of his stones! Definitely bookmarking his site!

I understood that the dark middle was a photographing problem, not extinction :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t thinking it was extinction, I just assumed it was the camera blocking light, but maybe I''m wrong. I really like the stone, but I still have an 8.6mm white cushion white topaz to set...

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that''s exactly what he said it was, the camera blocking the light. I was the one worried it was extinction when I first saw the picture, sorry for confusing things. Your white topaz cushion is gorgeous
10.gif
Is it really brilliant in person?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2009 2:53:49 PM
Author: mariedtiger
Yes, that''s exactly what he said it was, the camera blocking the light. I was the one worried it was extinction when I first saw the picture, sorry for confusing things. Your white topaz cushion is gorgeous
10.gif
Is it really brilliant in person?
Hey, thanks! I would say that the topaz is more flashy than brilliant - I don''t think any PSer would mistake it for a diamond. Uh, oh, I think your question just prompted another photo shoot - I don''t feel like I''ve gotten very good shots yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results