shape
carat
color
clarity

Natural blue topaz (10.56 carats) from litnon

iolitedreamer

Rough_Rock
I really like it and you paid a good price for it. Are you thinking about setting it? It is also nice for a gemstone collection of course :).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...Actually natural blue topaz is very rare, and while not as vibrant and saturated as the fakeys, much more respectable. I like the cut too!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What to do with it is definitely a good question. At 14 mm, it's going to need a lot of metal to set it and no matter how it is set, you have to account for the cut depth which is at least 8 mm high. Once set, it will sit around 9 mm above the finger or neck.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot. Looks a little like a Montana sapphire. It would make a gorgeous pendant. Do you wear them?

--- Laurie

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooh! I have been eyeing that stone for quite a while but never got around to pulling the trigger. Please share plenty of photos!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oooh! I have been eyeing that stone for quite a while but never got around to pulling the trigger. Please share plenty of photos!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Agree it would be great as a pendant. It's a great shape for one! Alternatively, a brooch... does anyone wear those anymore? A brooch can be a pendant too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results