shape
carat
color
clarity

my very first online gemstone purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i wanted to get my sons birthstone. his birthday is january... so while its not the ''typical'' january garnet... its a garnet nonetheless. to me it counts
3.gif

a little color change. i want to have it set east to west in white gold. it will be a ring for my right index finger.

also, i have an idea on what i want the setting to look like. but before i post pics describing the setting, i want to get this baby in my hot little hand. so i will post the vendor pic, and when it arrives [approx sept 16th-ish] i''ll take more rl pics and share with you all.

so for now... the vendor pic of my color change garnet 0.37 ct 5mm x 3.7mm
[it was very inexpensive, as i was afraid to spend very much on my first gem purchase, also it being online, another semi first. i hope i love it even more when i can examine it PS style]
i''m really excited, wish me luck
4.gif

trishyccgarnet0.37.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your first online gemstone purchase, cool colour change, I think pretty soon we''ll see your second purchase, the third ... you get the idea!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color change is quite distinct in the pictures, can''t wait to hear what you think of it in person. I certainly hope that once you get it you do a photo shoot!
36.gif

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like it’s from AJS?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, very distinct color change, Congrats on your first purchase
36.gif
Just like potato chips - you can''t have just one
31.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! Very cool colour change!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Color changes gems are always so interesting. I can''t wait to see your own pictures of it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great first online purchase. I think color changes are so cool and this one looks amazing.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 9:06:43 AM
Author: D&T
Yes, very distinct color change, Congrats on your first purchase
36.gif
Just like potato chips - you can''t have just one
31.gif
Very well said!!!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif

Lori

trishy

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much for the compliments. ok... so i missed the fed-ex guy today,
7.gif
hopefully i will get the stone tomorrow...

AND YA''LL are right...
9.gif
i bought my second stone today!!!!
36.gif
the dan stair spinel... the more pink/purple round one... OOOOHHH im so excited!!! my husband is like what is a spinel?
20.gif
what can i say? i obviously need to educate him.

also, im going to post some pics of a friends ring, this is how i want to set this garnet
any ideas on who i could have make this? remember its for my right hand index finger...

its a simple bezel

IMG00104.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
side view... i want it thin looking this way

IMG00103.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
do you think a bezel set like this will be ok...?? it is just a little guy after all..
like 5mm x 3.somethin x 2.somethin deep

IMG00105.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
glad you took the plunge..there is a whole world of online gemstones at your finger tips..pick and choose..pick and choose
1.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i got it!!! omg its gorgeous... it is way better than i expected! pictures dont do it justice. the color change is just awesome!!! its a deep purple in yellow lighting and in white lighting its a deep tsavorite green. it sparkles beautifully!!!
i just wish it was bigger
3.gif
it is teeny tiny. but i love love love it...

going to try takin pics now
9.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
purple

ccgarnet0.37 021.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
green

ccgarnet0.37 022.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
another view... the green is hard to get a picture of... cuz i see a very vibrant green

ccgarnet0.37 011.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
greener than this

ccgarnet0.37 012.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
another purple... im horrible at this

ccgarnet0.37 018.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
purple again

ccgarnet0.37 020.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
little flashes

ccgarnet0.37 026.jpg

trishy

Shiny_Rock
last one... kinda half purple half green...

anyways i love it. really my pics do not do it justice. im very happy. thank you ajs
36.gif

ccgarnet0.37 001.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somewhat dark but the colour change is noticeable.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
i''ll try pics during the day... it is a bit dark

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! on your first stone purchase!!
36.gif

That is totally a Garnet and counts for your son''s birthstone. Garnets come in Fabulous colors and I''ve claimed all colored Garnets for my birthstone. My first stone purchase was an BB Orange Garnet, my second was a Dan Stair Spinel a bit of a color shift. So we are purchasing twins!

Enjoy your new hobby!

trishy

Shiny_Rock
kribbie - more pics coming tomorrow... during the day. im afraid to take it out of the package its so small, im afraid to lose it, but i''d love to get it out for the pics. we''ll see how they turn out. its much brighter in the daylight.
2.gif

stone hunter - great minds think alike
3.gif
so whats your 3rd stone?? my hubbys birthstone is peridot and mine is emerald...
but i gotta be honest, my next purchase is a rainbow sapphire eternity ring. its the cutest thing.
4.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2009 12:07:30 AM
Author: trishy
kribbie - more pics coming tomorrow... during the day. im afraid to take it out of the package its so small, im afraid to lose it, but i''d love to get it out for the pics. we''ll see how they turn out. its much brighter in the daylight.
2.gif

stone hunter - great minds think alike
3.gif
so whats your 3rd stone?? my hubbys birthstone is peridot and mine is emerald...
but i gotta be honest, my next purchase is a rainbow sapphire eternity ring. its the cutest thing.
4.gif
Well I''ve been thinking about Sapphires but haven''t found the one yet. All of this started a long long time ago with me searching fo the perfect Peridot. Which I never found.

But stone #3 is a Rhodalite Garnet. Don''t tell anyone, since I haven''t posted photos yet. It photographs darker than it is...I continue to struggle with gem photography!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results