shape
carat
color
clarity

My sapphire engagement ring

flyingkumquat

Rough_Rock
I wanted to share some pics of my sapphire ring (that I just got today)! I've found these forums incredibly helpful, especially when I was trying to source my own stone. I went with one from my jeweller in the end, but I've appreciated everyone's help.

My boyfriend and I started designing this ring about 2 months ago. It was done at a local Ottawa store. The setting is a 19k white gold-palladium alloy in a semi-bezel style, size 6.25. The stone is a 1.75 carat, VVS2 quality, medium intensity, somewhat violetish blue heated sapphire. I'm really happy with the results - it's just what I was looking for!

Sorry the photo quality isn't that great - the photographer and subject are total amateurs :)

5491974645_43f6bac469_m.jpg
5491972399_996accc90b.jpg
5492567012_fa9723d35f.jpg
5492564548_f37169107e.jpg

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I love it and it looks great on your finger, amazing coverage! Wear it in good health, Congratulations!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful. Nice color and I love the half bezel, awesome job!

Candice

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous! I love the style, what jewellery store did you go to if you dont mind? when I'm in ottawa I always go to Alyea's and would love to hear of other good places.

flyingkumquat

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind replies!

Candice, we went to Davidson's Jewellers in the Glebe. They were really nice to work with. I've heard good things about Alyea's, too, and he would have been our next stop if things didn't work out at Davidson's.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely and looks perfect on your hand! Congratulations!

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo! First, Congratulations!! Second, your ring is simply elegant and gorgeous!!! The semi-bezel is beautiful, and your sapphire is to die for! I wish you and yours much happiness.

BoulderGal

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Love the setting. Congratulations on your engagement!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty sapphire and I really like the setting too!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats!! :appl:

cheers=Sharon

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I would totally wear that ring, everything about it is beautiful especially the color of that sapphire!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, and on your lovely ring. The setting really shows off the sapphire!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not amateurish at all! The stone is lovely, the east west design is simple yet a little different and the setting is well done, and the pictures are very clear and detailed.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! The setting and stone go perfectly together, and the ring looks beautiful on your hand. Would you know the sapphire's dimensions - I'm guessing maybe 9x7mm-ish? Really one of the nicest and well-executed half-bezel designs I've come across - thanks for sharing.

flyingkumquat

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, everyone!

marymm, the dimensions are 7.98 x 6.3 x 4.1 mm. I was initially looking at stones a bit larger but decided that might make the band a bit too thick for my taste.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it! I love semi bezels and your sapphire looks great in it!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
love the colour on that sapphire!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that's absolutely gorgeous on you - love the color! congratulations!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that the ring is very modern, very well-made and makes a statement.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous :love: :love: ! The stone is beautiful and the setting has such sleek, clean lines. What kind of wedding band will you wear with it?

flyingkumquat

Rough_Rock
Baby nurse, I'm just going with a plain 4mm band. I'm a healthcare professional and some hospitals 'round these parts have "plain band-only" ring policies for infection control. The job is also why I went for semi-bezel - no prongs to get caught on gloves. We got them made at the same time as the engagement ring so they sit nicely together.

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
It has a strong sturdy feel to it! I love the blue like an inviting pool

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results