shape
carat
color
clarity

My Sally pieces are done!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had sent Sally a star sapphire, a tsav/grossular garnet/oec diamond combo for a pendant, and an ethiopian opal for a ring.

She sent me a note today saying she was done, we're still working out a few adjustments on the pendant.
I only have pics of the star sapphire so far, but more to come later! So here is my violet star sapphire set in 18k rose gold, diamond accents.

star1.jpeg

star2.jpeg

star3.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In real life the color is a blue-violet, the photos make it look more pink and pastel than it actually is.

This photo with the star washes out the color, but shows the star nicely!

star4.jpeg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Another win for Sally! SOOOOO Beautiful MTG! That lotus is perfect for the stone! :love: :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is gorgeous, MTG! It looks like a Faberge Easter egg. I can't wait to see your other photos. :love:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a flower from an exotic universe, MTG. Just beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest -- and pics of this one when you receive it.

--- Laurie

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
MTG; what a lovely ring and gemstone...

I am always admiring your photography skills... :appl:

You really capture the ring and gemstone so well. And everyone knows how hard it is to capture the star or eye and not wash out everything else...

Most respectfully;

Dana

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
MTG: Your star is sooo pretty in it's new setting. I can't wait to see HAND SHOTS!!!! You always pic the most beautiful gems.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
MTG ~

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!! Absolutely luminous....

~ faegrace

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
imo, star sapphire cabs have not been appreciated enough. your ring should change that. :appl:

MoZo

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous in this setting! It was pretty in the bezel but this looks so much nicer!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Nice!! :love:

-A

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the lovely compliments!

I wish I could take credit for the photos, but that's all Sally!
I really love love love how it looks though, I wanted it to look like a fat, round, dewdrop sitting on a flower, and it does! I asked for the modified supports because they remind me of leaves which would go better with the lotus/flower motif. And it also let me use bigger accent diamonds :naughty:

We're still working out some kinks in the bale of the pendant, and she just hasn't been able to take photos that she likes of the opal yet, but once those are done, I'll be back with more photos!

Oh, here's a photo of it in it's old home. The color is more representative here.
file.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
I'm glad you got the sapphire reset, this is a much better showcase for it. Enjoy your lovely new rings.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, forgot two photos. Hope you guys don't mind so many pics! Heh. Sally puts so much time into them though, it's a shame not to share!

file.jpg
file.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Still totally jeolous about that star sapphie, MTG! :mrgreen:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, it really is like a dew drop! It looks sooo much better in this setting!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I liked the Danielm setting but the new setting really suits the stone. It's perfect! :love:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo ~ Gorgeous !!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I LOVED the "Easter Egg" comment, it suits that little stone perfectly!
I bet you can't WAIT to get your ring ~ and I can't wait to see your pictures !

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burberrygirl|1299304859|2865238 said:
I liked the Danielm setting but the new setting really suits the stone. It's perfect! :love:

Thanks! Haha, my jewelery box is slowly but surely being overtaken by my ever growing number of Sally pieces, lol. I may have a slight addiction...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke : Daniel M :: Sally : MTG

It really looks like a drop of water! Awesome!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the photos of the Welo opal. Sally had some trouble capturing the fire in these, but I love how it turned out.
I'm going to ask if she can widen the initial split in the split shank though to look more like the original Merry Widow setting on her site.

opal.jpg

opal2.jpg

opal3.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo...
My pendant pics are in. But Sally and I are working on some kinks since I don't think it turned out like the original sketch. :???:
But I have total faith in her and her team that we'll find a good solution.

Here is the sketch and the pendant so far. Design issues aside, I forgot how much I adore that tsav!

pendant.jpg

design.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
These rings are gorgeous! I love the rope-y shank with the opal. Really love that.

I see what you're seeing with the pendant and am glad that Sally is working on it with you. It seems like the prongs are much too big or at least too far out, and ruining the streamlined look.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Novel|1299347485|2865469 said:
I see what you're seeing with the pendant and am glad that Sally is working on it with you. It seems like the prongs are much too big or at least too far out, and ruining the streamlined look.

Thanks Novel!
Yeah, I love the look in the sketch because everything fit so well, but the final pendant didn't quite preserve the proportions of the gold accents correctly IMO. I don't know if there's a quick or easy solution here though that wouldn't require a major rebuild you know? But if it turns out to take time, I'll probably just have the rings shipped first, because I'm impatient about waiting! Haha..

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I just looked again, and you're right, accents, not prongs (how they'd be prongs since they're not touching the stones, IDK). For your sake in getting your hands on those great rings and Sally's, I hope that they can be redone easily,too!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
The tsav is awesome in your pendant. Definitely see why you're not crazy about the bead placement. I think that it would look really great if they could somehow just remove the beads. ? Great stone proportions too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
k9muttlover|1299350054|2865503 said:
The tsav is awesome in your pendant. Definitely see why you're not crazy about the bead placement. I think that it would look really great if they could somehow just remove the beads. ? Great stone proportions too.

Yeah, the simplest answer would just be to remove the beads..but I have a deep love for two tone, lol. We'll see what Sally and her team can come up with.

Thanks for the compliment on the stones! It's always nice when you can set a few things all together!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't be ok with the pendant either honestly...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results