shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring is done!

gemgaga

Rough_Rock
I realize this is not everyone's cup of tea.... And certainly it is the only piece I have that is anything like it!

The jewelry designer did an amazing job interpreting my contributions to the design. I can only take very small credit for the final product; Wren has the vision and the considerable talent. I will be going back to her for sure for a FI yellow diamond project.

The stone in the picture is dirty. Will work this weekend to try for better shots.

So without further ado..

The loose stone (color change garnet) and the finished product. :appl:

Color Change Garnet.png

Finger Art.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, um, we're going to need more pictures than that. You know from all around, different lighting since its a color change, maybe some finger shots... so far it looks wild wonderful and not everyone's thing, but then, not everyone will be wearing it!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Not my thing, but it does look like a fun ring..and I'd love to see a profile.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I love the grape and vine motif and the multi-colored golds used. I'd love to see the side and front views.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is definitely my thing!!!! you've created an art piece! yes, more pictures are needed.

MoZo

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
very lovely and ORGANIC! I love the flow that was created! :appl: It may not be everyone's thing but its one of mine. Tres kewl! :love:

And yes, this thread needs more pics!!! :lol:

-A

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, please post more photos, including hand shots so we have some sense of scale. I think with an art piece like this, scale and proportion are really important, and one humongous photo doesn't really do the ring justice.

It sounds as though the artist fulfilled your vision, congratulations!

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Very neat ring and gem Gemgaga...

I agree with vapidlapid I am really intrigued with the grapevine; such a lovely touch and the gem being unusual I think the ring should have a certain uniqueness to it as well.

I actually love the deign and it looks like it had a lot of thought into it.
Great way to take a very unique gem with a fancy cut; and put it into something to be worn and to be proud of.
I love seeing what you all do with the cuts we make. I do not know who cut the gem; it looks like a Gene cut; but whomever did it did a great job also :love:

Thank you all for using us cutters :) It is so rewarding to have something we did grace the hands of such lovely Ladies :wink2:

Most Respectfully;

Dana

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
mastercutgems|1298640271|2859171 said:
Very neat ring and gem Gemgaga...

I agree with vapidlapid I am really intrigued with the grapevine; such a lovely touch and the gem being unusual I think the ring should have a certain uniqueness to it as well.

I actually love the deign and it looks like it had a lot of thought into it.
Great way to take a very unique gem with a fancy cut; and put it into something to be worn and to be proud of.
I love seeing what you all do with the cuts we make. I do not know who cut the gem; it looks like a Gene cut; but whomever did it did a great job also :love:

Thank you all for using us cutters :) It is so rewarding to have something we did grace the hands of such lovely Ladies :wink2:

Most Respectfully;

Dana

Dana,

You are so classy. Looking forward to the day I am lucky enough to buy something from you. :)

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Did Gene Flannigan cut this stone? It looks familiar.
Very unique ring and I like the organic design. YES! Hand shots, indoor outdoor, spotlighting! I'd love to see more pictures. :)

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That turned out awesome. I am so glad you came back and posted pics of it. Very unique, def an art piece. :appl: :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I think this is just cool. I like the way it looks like a bunch of treasure, a rich, glorious pile of treasures. :appl:

I love the unusual, and I'm a big fan of stuff I haven't seen before. So, just lovely! :love:

I'm with Vapid, though, we need lots more pics!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Would like more pictures too! Seem really interesting! :appl:

gemgaga

Rough_Rock
Re: My ring is done! Update with lots of pics

Thanks everyone for all of your kind feedback. And yes, Gene cut this stone.

I did the best I could with the photos. Digital photography is not my forte. Hope you enjoy. I know I enjoy looking at all of the beauties you post.

Back.JPG

Front.JPG

HS 1.JPG

HS 2.JPG

gemgaga

Rough_Rock
A few more photos. (Told ya there were a lot!) She is different from all sides. Can't get her to show all of her true colors, though. Sometimes bright raspberry, sometimes grape, and sometimes a hard steely blue as the sun sets.

HS 3.JPG

HS 4.JPG

Side 1.JPG

Side 2.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: She's REALLY beautiful!!!!!! Thats an amazing ring! Thank you for sharing her with us! :appl:

-A

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa !!!!!!!!!!!

It looks so much cooler to me, now that I actually see it on your hand!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love:
I was actually a little equivocal about the setting, until I saw the pictures of you wearing it!
WOW :appl:
Very awesome!
You take great pictures, too, BTW !!!!!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Wow. the more views really help give a fuller idea of that ring. Its more a sculpture than just a setting. fascinating how it is so different from each angle! I really like it!!! :appl:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring definitely comes to life on your hand! Congratulations on having such an original and dramatic piece of wearable art, and thanks for sharing! :appl: :appl:

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I love this. Really unique pieces-- like really classic ones-- never go out of fashion. It's the stuff in the middle that loses it's fashion. This will certainly be an heirloom.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1298755436|2860071 said:
Wow. the more views really help give a fuller idea of that ring. Its more a sculpture than just a setting. fascinating how it is so different from each angle! I really like it!!! :appl:

That's so true, VL.

gemgaga, while I might not personally wear such a piece (my tastes tend to be quite simple) I can certainly appreciate and blatantly oogle such a lovely and stunning bit of craftsmanship! I hope this ring gives you pleasure for many many many years! Thank you for sharing!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool and even better on your finger. :appl: :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic setting and so incredibly textural! Congratulations!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all - beautiful stone. I saw it on Gene's website and the purple seems to be great.

The setting is very interesting. I can not comment on covering a color-changer. It would be interesting to see how your stone looks in daylight and as compared to evening light. If I remember correctly, Gene's picture showed wonderful daylight green.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ring! It is so dramatic!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find your ring very appealing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results