shape
carat
color
clarity

My oval engagement emerald finally set

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
Dear Pricescopers,

after long deliberation (see my old thread about this ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-set-an-oval-emerald.152751/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-set-an-oval-emerald.152751/[/URL]) as this is my engagement ring -I have decided on a completely different, much more classic setting, which I will hopefully still enjoy when I am old.

The Ring is handcrafted in 18k yellow gold with the tops of the bezels made of platinum. Columbian emerald is 1.95ct the OEC diamonds total 0.72ct.

Here are some pics:

I love it :love:

emerald-ring.jpg

hand-shot.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously? Ok you need to gimme it! :naughty: :tongue: :Up_to_something:

So gorgeous and GREEN!!! :love: That setting really compliments your emerald. Do enjoy it (and post more pictures please!! :appl: )

-A

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it's beautiful! Simple, feminine, elegant & classic. You will enjoy it for years. Great choice. I love that greenie!

--- Laurie

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous :love: :love: ! What a beautiful green, and bezel set with OECs... perfection! And I love the yellow gold!

May I ask where you had it set?

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Love it love it love it! Congratulations.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
That is perfect! I have seen that design in rings from 1800 and 1900eds but it will still look great in 50 years. It really lets that emerald beauty shine!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful and very flattering on your finger. Looks e-ringish and classic while still unique. CONGRATULATIONS!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you have done very well. it is classic and yet modern. congrats!

MoZo

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
thank you gemgaga, kelpie, Arcadian, Jewelfreak, baby nurse, Largosmum, natascha, VelouriaL, Aoife, movie zombie, herekittykitty for your kind comments.

It was set by a goldsmith here in Munich, Germany. I think I will need to ask him to reposlish the platinum part of the bezels as they are not a hundred percent perfect yet. However I will give this a few days because I don't feel I can part with the ring for that long ;))

I have attached some more photos (sorry if too many). The emerald has a window and some extinction but somehow this only adds to its charm in my eyes. It looks very different but beautiful under almost any lightning conditions.
There is a grassy green aspect to it sometimes which I am yet unable to catch.

bezel.jpg

emerald in the box.jpg

emerald on cloisonne.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely! Classic and timeless! Congrats!

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
that's a nice elegant, classic setting & the emerald color is lovely :mrgreen:

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I love green and I am very fond of bezels so this makes for a great ring in my book!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
There is something so old world and classy about that ring. Beautiful, well done!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!! that is the perfect setting for your beautiful emerald :love:

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
thank you crasru, tyty333, Zzz, Cind11, Novel and slg47 you all make me love coming back to my thread :twirl:

Novel, funny you make the old world comment, because that was probably my inspiration

On another note: I love my ring and I've only had it since Friday but: Is this normal? I feel this strong urge of starting a new project :Up_to_something: .

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your emerald is stunning! I like the emerald with yellow gold and the OEC diamonds with platinum. :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is super beautiful; I really like it!!!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Cabochon|1299009230|2862330 said:
thank you crasru, tyty333, Zzz, Cind11, Novel and slg47 you all make me love coming back to my thread :twirl:

Novel, funny you make the old world comment, because that was probably my inspiration

On another note: I love my ring and I've only had it since Friday but: Is this normal? I feel this strong urge of starting a new project :Up_to_something: .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think a lot of us can relate to that one !!!!

I can't believe I haven't commented on an EMERALD thread yet !
Wow, it's been a busy week !
Your Emerald is lovely and looks stunning in that ring,
it truly sets it off ! It looks beautiful from every view, and
your pictures are so nice!
I love the one of it perched on the cloisonne !!!!!
It looks regal sitting there like that. :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results