shape
carat
color
clarity

My orange obsession...will it ever stop?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I have a confession. I have been obsessed with the orange color ever since I saw pics of the Pumkin Diamond, Chrono''s, TL''s, Yingh''s and Movie Zombie''s spesses.

So just to let you ladies kow, this is all your fault!
11.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
First up, the .63 pear deep yellow-orange diamond. This is my pumpkin diamond knock-off. Umm..more like roasted pumpkin. Hehee...

Here she is outside next to her yellow sister Sunny.

lynorange2_1_1_1.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Next, the 2.79 Tanzanian spess that I just received today from Tan (Gemburionline).

This was taken outside with my hand shading it.

Please excuse how brown the diamond looks.
14.gif

lynorange3_1_1.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Last, the 5.35 Nigerian spess. This one comes with an AIGS cert. It has a deep reddish orange hue, but I love it!

lynorange4.JPG

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Sunny is calling my name!!!! *swoon*

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
2.79 indoors...

lynorange5.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
5.35 with his little friend indoors.
3.gif

lynorange6.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I was so excited to take pics outside that I dropped him. So I picked him up, cleaned him and took a pic.
2.gif

lynorange7.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
All three of them indoors.

lynorange9.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Last one!

This was outside with my hand shading over. The stones fell to the bottom, but I love how orange the 2.79 looks!
30.gif

Thanks for letting me indulge!

ETA: Thanks, PinkAsscher!
1.gif

lynorange8_1_1.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
face6.gif
the short answer: no. you have been infected by an orange bug and there is no cure. you will surrond yourself with more orange stones. no one but we orangies will understand you. buck up, girl! it could be worse.....pink, yuck.

nice stones, btw! i''m really liking that redder spess.........

are you going to set any of these or merely keep them for viewing?

i got lucky and got another california little three mines spess.....

mz

ps and before the pink princesses get in a dither, there is a california himilaya mine tourmaline coming to my house......at one time this mine was tops for pink tourmaline and said pink tourmaline was highly sought after by chinese royalty types. don''t think there is much high end tourmaline from this mine any longer but my interest is that its a california gem.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2010 2:53:26 PM
Author: platinumrock
First up, the .63 pear deep yellow-orange diamond. This is my pumpkin diamond knock-off. Umm..more like roasted pumpkin. Hehee...

Here she is outside next to her yellow sister Sunny.

I love these two colors next to each other. I would love to see a bypass ring with them, like this Leon.

3.gif

Leon_bypass_diamonds.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR,
Your spessartites are lovely! You need to get a dancing orange avatar I think. Just remember than orange is only one color, wait until you get the green, pink, blue bug like me!! It''s just an addiction. . . period! LOL!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
am i catching flashes/glints of green off that diamond?!

mz

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
All pretty stones!! I like the reddish orange spess and the yellow diamond the best. I like orange stones a lot too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely orange stones.
1.gif

I don't know about the obsession business. I know I have the colored stone infection, but so far not the orange stone infection. I have one spess ring and one pair of earrings and don't see a lot of reasons to add to them. Perhaps if someone can explain the orange obsession, I can figure out a way to remain clear.
20.gif
But, maybe I'm infected and I just don't know it yet. At least you aren't in denial...
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha,
No more dancing banana!! Just Fanta soda. LOL!!! You crack me up PR!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2010 3:41:22 PM
Author: movie zombie
face6.gif
the short answer: no. you have been infected by an orange bug and there is no cure. you will surrond yourself with more orange stones. no one but we orangies will understand you. buck up, girl! it could be worse.....pink, yuck.

nice stones, btw! i'm really liking that redder spess.........

are you going to set any of these or merely keep them for viewing?

i got lucky and got another california little three mines spess.....

mz

ps and before the pink princesses get in a dither, there is a california himilaya mine tourmaline coming to my house......at one time this mine was tops for pink tourmaline and said pink tourmaline was highly sought after by chinese royalty types. don't think there is much high end tourmaline from this mine any longer but my interest is that its a california gem.
MZ, thank you! You crack me up!
3.gif
Pink...I know, right? I like true/hot pink on other people, but on myself, not so much. I'm afraid it may be too girly. Now pink with orange, on the other hand, Mother May I? I'll take anything peachy with whipped cream and cherries on top.

I think the reason why I like the reddish orange spess is because red is also my favorite color, aside from orange. So red + orange =
30.gif
Would love to have a true Fanta orange one day, but they are $$$$$$.

I will be setting these stones. LOGR is currenly making the setting for the reddish orange and deep yellow-orange diamond. They both will have an 18KYG head.

Do you have pics of your Cali spess? I've never seen one before! And when are you supposed to get your Cali Himalaya mine tourmaline? Please post pics when you get them, I'm curious now. What shade of pink do they come in?

It's funny because I grew up in Cali but I never knew they had a spess and tourmaline mine. All I know is that it's known for is gold rush.

ETA: I'm not sure if those flashes are green. Then again, with colored diamonds, you get all kinds of flashes.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2010 4:54:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
PR,
Your spessartites are lovely! You need to get a dancing orange avatar I think. Just remember than orange is only one color, wait until you get the green, pink, blue bug like me!! It's just an addiction. . . period! LOL!
Thank you, TL! I'm happy to have your approval
1.gif

Seriously, I need to stop talking to you. I'm already in trouble with my husband.
27.gif

*La..la..la...la...la...*

ETA: I changed my avatar just for you! You and Chrono got me obsessed with Fanta orange now.
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2010 6:38:48 PM
Author: virgoruby
They are all so lovely! Any setting plans for your pretties?

Thank you, Virgoruby! LOGR is currently making the setting for the diamond and 5.45 reddish orange. I'll post pics so you have an idea what they'll look like.

Cindy, thank you! I know orange isn't a popular color, but I'm glad you like them too. I'm obsessed with them right now.
5.gif

Flygirl, thank you! Like you, I didn't see what the big deal with orange either. Then little by little, I got sucked in. Pumkin Diamond. Mandarin Spess. Fanta Orange spess. Before I knew it, I found myself on a quest for the perfect "orange" stone. Pure, vivid, neon, bright, Fanta colored stone. I went from white diamonds to colored diamonds to colored stones. I can't go back now. And yes, I need to be in a 12-step program.
27.gif

Be careful because once a particular color bites you, it consumes you until you find that perfect hue. Do you have a favorite color?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous stones! if you have to have an addiction to orange stones, at least you chooes them well :)
I particularly love the deep yellow-orange diamond

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, the cali mines i referenced are in so cal....san dieog county, think. little three mines is near ramona and i forget where the himilaya mine is i believe closer to julian.

i just don''t get good pictures of stones....but i''ll see what i can do...and will start a new thread if i get anything good. i''m hoping pinkie might even be in the mailbox right now for hubby to pick up on his way in from work.

mz

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Maevie, thank you for the kind words! There could be worse addictions, right? At least gemstones won''t end up in the toilet. They may even last forever.
9.gif

MZ, I went to school in Southern Cali, but I never knew such mines existed in San Diego. What colors do these spesses typically come in? Yellowish or reddish? I can''t wait to see pinkie! And I''m crossing my fingers that you''ll get good pics. Oranges and greens are particularly hard to photograph. It takes me 50 pics before I can get 5 good ones. The lighting and angle can be tricky as well.

From one orange fanatic to another, here are some more pics for you.
3.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I love how intense he looks here, almost glowy. Taken outside, shaded.

You can see a window in this pic, but it's not that noticeable in real life.

IMG_6009_1_1.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
This one looks like it''s on fire. I love spesses!
30.gif

012_1_1.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the picture in the dish!

little three mines are, well, think cream cycle...the ice cream bar that''s orange on the outside and vanilla inside? its more like the outside....a creamy orange. best way i can describe it.

i''m working up a red spess appetitie!

mz

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
It reminds me of one of those orange gel slice candies, really intense orange! :)

Date: 4/6/2010 12:38:13 AM
Author: platinumrock
I love how intense he looks here, almost glowy. Taken outside, shaded.

You can see a window in this pic, but it''s not that noticeable in real life.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your reddish orange spess is really knocking my socks off. Not only the size but the intensity of colour! And your fanta soda is making sooooooooooooooo thirsty!
9.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I love them all, especially the cushion! Unfortunately, if you ever stop obsessing over one color another quickly steps in to take its place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results