shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Richard HOMER is Here!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is pretty cool, it''s a citrine Stargazer Cut. So, if you think you''re seeing a big hole in it, you''re actually not. It''s a bizarre optical game that Richard plays when he''s cutting it! It''s just awesome, when you look down into the hole, you see a little sparkly glimmer of citrine.
36.gif

homer2abc.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Richard''s original web info. I think it looks a lot cooler in RL.

5935Cit.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying really hard to get the sparkly effect of the inner facets. I like this stone for the heroic cutting. I really like things I haven't seen before.

Absolutely no inclusions, it's picking up the surroundings.

homer6close.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Richard said the cutting time on the Stargazer is very long. I think you can see where the cutting reverses at the culet. It''s so tiny, I can''t figure out how he does it.

homer9.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This is how you see it most of the time, unless you are focusing on the center, at just the right angle, you don''t see the effect.

It just looks like a regular gemstone most of the time.

homer11.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
It''s right in the size that I like. The effect doesn''t show much when you''re actually wearing it.

So, not to everyone''s taste, but I like the idea of wearing a big flashy ring, then taking it off and showing people the "secret" effect.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Yingh!

So hard to upload these things . . .

This is going to be a cool ring, I think. Really different and I like that it is so unique.

homer10aa.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool cutting on that piece. Thanks for sharing.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh that would make a great ring....any ideas on setting?

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is very pretty, congrats! Its the perfect size to sits on its own in a simple setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour he chose is really suited for that design; it looks like a sun with a shining aura/flare coming off around the middle in your faraway handshot.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
@ yingh: Thanks!

@ TL: Thanks! Richard has out done himself with this bit of wizardry.

@ sarahbear: yup, totally a jumbo solitaire setting. It's a ring toy to play with when I'm bored.

@ crasru: Thank you!

@ chictomato: Actually, I'm thinking a big halo. Just kidding, wouldn't that be awful? The solitaire setting will be just plain yellow gold.

@ chrono: I didn't think of that, but you're exactly right! It's very orange for a citrine, hardly any yellow tones.

I was going to for a ring that my grandkids will find interesting. I don't actually have any grandkids yet, but someday. . .

It is so bizarre, there is no actual hole, it's just a dimple in the table. The whole back of the gem is concave cut, which you can see "underneath" the dimple when you hold it at an angle. The dimple appears to "float" when you rotate the gem, it kind of hovers over the concave faceting. But when you look in the dimple, it looks infinitely deep, like those infinity mirrors from the '80's. Then there's a little orange star at the end of the "tunnel". I can't actually figure out how it works. And I didn't manage to capture ANY of that in the photos.
8.gif

It reminds me of a bead that I inherited from my great aunt: The brown wooden bead has a hole in the side and when you look inside, there's a drawing of a buddha with little chinese letters all around. There's also some kind of lens inside it and a little hole on the opposite side, that lets light in. So when you look in it, the buddha appears large, lit, and magnified. It's awesome.

So, you see, I have a family tradition of weird jewelry to keep up!
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum! Now I want a tangerine, lol. Beautiful stone!!!

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Masterpiece! It''s as pretty on the pavillion side as the crown-lovely from all angles!
36.gif

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Very cool! It looks like it will be sparkly.

I agree with the poster who said its a perfect color.for that cut.
30.gif
10.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
iLander, that is a true stunner!

Go Big or Go Home, LOL (I''ve been told some of my gemstones are "too big" when I''ve wanted to have them set, my 10 mm peridot and 11 mm spessie.) Good to see I''m not the only one who likes a good sized stone here.

Ahem, how will you be setting this?
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice color: congrats!

mz

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmmm.
Looks like the sun.
30.gif