carat
color
clarity

My new purple sapphire!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livannie|1410461909|3749177 said:
Thanks LD! Yeah there were a few purple sapphires I was thinking about buying before this one and I am so glad I didn't because I don't think they woud have compared to this one. It was pretty in the vendor's photos but nothing like it is in real life. I am really glad Dana recommended it to me. It does change personality and I like that it never blacks out. Sometimes in bad lighting, you can see a little extinction but it's not bad and only happens in a dark lit room. How did you set your purple sapphire?
Thanks LT! It is pretty alone and would be a good idea to stack it with eternity bands, I will have to find one. The 14k gold setting it's on cost $260. The jeweler that set it had more elaborate settings but they cost like a thousand dollars and that was not including the diamonds and I wasn't in love with any he had.

Like this! It's definitely an OTT ring but I love it!

sapphire_purple_on_hand_1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
livannie|1410461909|3749177 said:
Thanks LD! Yeah there were a few purple sapphires I was thinking about buying before this one and I am so glad I didn't because I don't think they woud have compared to this one. It was pretty in the vendor's photos but nothing like it is in real life. I am really glad Dana recommended it to me. It does change personality and I like that it never blacks out. Sometimes in bad lighting, you can see a little extinction but it's not bad and only happens in a dark lit room. How did you set your purple sapphire?
Thanks LT! It is pretty alone and would be a good idea to stack it with eternity bands, I will have to find one. The 14k gold setting it's on cost $260. The jeweler that set it had more elaborate settings but they cost like a thousand dollars and that was not including the diamonds and I wasn't in love with any he had.

Well, hint hint, "diamond simulant" eternity bands in silver look great and I can't tell the difference since the melee is so small. ;)) That can be a temp solution until you find the ones you like in gold/diamonds, whether eternity bands or a new setting.

I'm not sure what your budget is for the setting, but ebay dealers (see recommended vendors) also have some lower cost diamond/gold settings. Mydiamondzone on ebay is an American based company with some really affordable engraved settings if you cannot get diamonds in the budget right now.

http://stores.ebay.com/MyDiamondZone/Settings-Semi-Mounts-/_i.html?_fsub=14736871&_sid=110520942&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring LD! The sapphire does look a lot like mine. I love the pink flashes ours both have and your setting is beautiful!
Makes me want to find a pretty setting for mine even more.
Thanks for recommending that ebay vendor to me TL. I would like to try one of their settings, some look very pretty. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results