shape
carat
color
clarity

My new prehnite ring

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Hi I just bought this 6 carat Prehnite ring in 18k rose gold it is by a designer called Pomellato.

I love the stone! the way it holds light and it moves around inside the stone is mesmerizing.

what can anyone tell me about Prehnite?
thanks,
Candice
prehnite3.jpgprehnite2.jpgprehnite1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I remember correctly, Prehnite forms as a secondary mineral in volcanic rock and I think has a Calcium make up. They tend to be glassy looking and a pastel yellowie green. The thing I like about Prehnite is that it looks like it has a little internal glow. I've got some but for some reason have never worn them! Not sure why as they're a gorgeous colour to wear in spring time. I very much like the look of yours and haven't seen a cab before - mine are faceted.

I can't remember where it is on the MOHS scale but seem to recall 5 or 6? If so, it's a softish, brittle stone and so needs some care.

Edit: Just looked it up and it's a 6-6.5 MOHS.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. I like prehnite, and I have a large cab like yours. It would look stunning, with mandarin spessartite garnets surrounding it. Lovely ring, very modern, and I love the prongs.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1295641655|2829001 said:
Its shimmer and glow is just lovely, and the setting is just perfect for it too.

Probably a bit dry and technical:
http://www.mindat.org/min-3277.html

So Calcium and Aluminium plus a few others I don't recognise! I wonder if it's the aluminium that gives it the glowy appearance!?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think prehnite is a very beautiful and underappreciated stone. It has a beautiful glow to it, like moonstone. Really lovely.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love your ring and Pomellato (in general)--I have the matching Prehnite earrings! I hope you enjoy your ring as much as I do my Prehnite earrings and ring.

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! First time I've ever heard of it. Really lovin' the glow.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That's really lovely, and I like the setting a lot, too. I've seen prehnite offered for sale a few times, but didn't know it was possible to set it.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is a beautiful ring. Really different. congrats

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it! I love any stone that has a glowy presence, and this one surely does.

Laura

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses. I wanted to make sure that it was ok to wear it without fear for putting my hands in dishwater or fast temperature changes wouldnt affect the stone.

I am loving this ring the Prehnite is so glowy and its mesmerizing with he light play and colour. its a light green and its tends to dance with a rosy hue that comes over it, possibly from the rose gold? and it also has a blue undertone which plays and rolls around inside the stone. it almost looks like its lit internally by a battery or something lol
edited to add: the photos were taken in the afternoon on a grey dark winter afternoon, and its still glowing :appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to see pictures of prehnite on the PS. I have seen it and it is beautiful and I think more people should buy these glowy beautiful cabs. I like the design of the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results