shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 4mm blue montana sapphire

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought I was done but this was on sale 25% off, and I found myself keep going back to look at this small but beautiful sapphire with a nice rich blue color for a montana sapphire(heat only). The pictures aren't the best quality and it looks like there is zoning in the pics, but in real life there isn't ans it's a nice bright blue, but comes out darker in the pictures. As I was trying to get better shots my camera decided to stop working :(. Hopefully I will be able to get better shots on a sunny day :).

blue_cushion.jpg
bluegem3.jpg
There is a spot on the glass not the sapphire don't worry :), and in the glass case it looks less saturated in the pics for some reason.
bluegem4.jpg
blue_gem2_0.jpg

tourma-guy

Shiny_Rock
Looks good! A Montana Sapphire is on my short list of stones to get next.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tourma-guy|1429754763|3866190 said:
Looks good! A Montana Sapphire is on my short list of stones to get next.
Thank you! got it from gem mountain, and it is really well cut but unfortunately my camera sucks, and even more for breaking. I am going to try to buy a new one this weekend in hope to get better pics :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your Montana!
Any ideas on how you will set it?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute stone, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1429788205|3866332 said:
Thanks. I will get my new camera on monday and hopefully the pics will show the nice bright blue better. I checked the stones in different lighting and it doesn't grey out at all and doesn't have that green tone to it that most montanas do (looks like a yogo color sapphire to me)., some lightings its a cornflower blue, and others its a royal blue. I am planning to set it in another diamondzone setting, vintage setting. I can post pics when I get home of the setting, but with the chromebook I am on right now, I can't.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
userangl28212003|1429792118|3866356 said:
Acinom|1429788205|3866332 said:
Thanks. I will get my new camera on monday and hopefully the pics will show the nice bright blue better. I checked the stones in different lighting and it doesn't grey out at all and doesn't have that green tone to it that most montanas do (looks like a yogo color sapphire to me)., some lightings its a cornflower blue, and others its a royal blue. I am planning to set it in another diamondzone setting, vintage setting. I can post pics when I get home of the setting, but with the chromebook I am on right now, I can't.

Sounds great! Looking forward to see more pics of your Montana and the setting :wavey:

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is the picture of the setting I am going to put it in, I am planning to send them my stone to have it set so they can make sure it fits correctly, and if not they can adjust it to make it fit, plus it will cost about half the price or less than I usually pay to have it mounted even if they have to adjust ring. Wish I had my new camera today with this great sunlight it's such a beautiful cornflower blue against my finger. Hopefully monday :)

__12_3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results