shape
carat
color
clarity

My long overdue spinel introduction

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this pair of cushion cut Burma spinels back in February and had yet to show them to y'all.

They weigh 1.58 carats in total and have an amazing, fiery personality and TONS of fluorescence. I am thinking of setting them as earrings in a gold bezel with a hook and lever back that would hang just below the ear (perhaps with a small, bezel set round rose cut diamond set just above).

Any thoughts?

spinels.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
:love: :lickout:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Those look amazing! I think your idea sounds lovely too. Maybe you could have them made so you can have the option of adding a dangle or something to the bottom for added flair.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
wow
i mean
wow
um
yeah,
wow

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
ROCKHUGGER, DAVI_EL_MEJOR, VAPID LAPID, UPGRADABLE

Thank you for the compliments =) I do love these and I really need to get it together so I can set these puppies!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tourmaline_lover said:
Very nice color!
plus one! I do not see spinel pair in this shape often =) its rather special.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. Is. Amazing. I like the idea of the setting, too.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh seriously YUM! :love: Adore both colour and shape. Can't wait to see the earrings.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Like two vibrant roses, they are very beautiful. Please post more photos when they're set.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
what Vapid Lapid said!

If I might suggest...they deserve a special setting. You might consider sending them to Julia Kay Taylor to set, they would be gorgeous kite set as you have described and the die of some other stone above sounds lovely.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous color! Great to hear they also have wonderful fluorescence. LOVE your idea for setting them!!

Post pics when done -- BIG ONES.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those spinels look great! I also like your idea of the stones hanging off a pair leverback earrings, and set on the side (not showing a square shape but kite). Then again, I am partial to this design as I have a pair of Brumese red spinels set just like that. :devil: :bigsmile:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous! Is there any chance we can get more spinel **** *as uppy would say*, you know, pictures? :bigsmile:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
sphenequeen said:
I do love these and I really need to get it together so I can set these puppies!

Well, you already know how I feel about this pair. :love: ;))
They photograph beautifully too!

Yes, you need to set these puppies, and I love the bezel idea with the rose cut. I'm not usually one for diamond surround, but these could be very interesting with a delicate rose cut surround-perhaps blackened? Then again, horizontally (or vertically) set cushion shaped bezels (heavy? med?) would be divine-simple and classic.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning stones. They will make a gorgeous pair of earrings. :appl:

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful. And, as Chrono wrote, I definitely would set them on the 45.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the awesome feedback! This is like a colored stone support group - I LOVE IT!

As for setting them on the diagonal: These little guys are a bit on the rectangular side - I think they are better suited for verticle positioning.

Coati: I love the idea about the blackened diamond surround! :love: :love: Unfortunately, I think I am going to keep the budget for this project below that marker, if you kow what I mean. I have dreams of colored stone shopping in the not so distant future, which means MORE setting projects!

More pics of the stones to follow - I have to get the camera battery charged up and ready! :appl: :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Earrings are a great idea!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are stunning and I agree, leverbacks would be lovely!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You do realise that everybody else is going to see these lovely gems when you wear them as earrings and you won't???? You'll have to get a mirror attached to each shoulder so you can admire them as well!

You don't often see a pair in this cut so they're a gorgeous find! Do you have any fluor shots for the fluor junkie over here?????? :bigsmile:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WOW, gorgeous color!! I can't wait to see these set!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
One of my most favorite colors....I can't wait to see the finished project!!!!

Lori

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
sphenequeen said:
Coati: I love the idea about the blackened diamond surround! :love: :love: Unfortunately, I think I am going to keep the budget for this project below that marker, if you know what I mean. I have dreams of colored stone shopping in the not so distant future, which means MORE setting projects!

Gotcha-I can relate. :Up_to_something:

Love your idea with or without the rose cut on top. Either way, these beauties are so vivid-they hold their own! ...and mmm mmm a simple bezel is just delightful. Can't wait to see!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results