shape
carat
color
clarity

My little HG pad sapphire

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mantra in Vegas over the GTG weekend seemed to be "this is exactly what I wanted". This little sapphire is no exception. No, it hasn't been certed by AGL as a "padparadscha". No, I haven't even sent it to a lab… yet, anyway. I'm not really hung up on the nomenclature. For me, it's the perfect mix of pink and orange, leaning more pink, with no brown that I can see, in any lighting. Unfortunately, the iPhone (only camera I currently have) seems to make it look more pink than it looks IRL.

I have to Wink to thank for hooking me up, and miraclesrule for the company on my trek to view the stone, and enthusiastic approval (hubby was also wonderful for tagging along to yet another gem-related "event"). Wink was a pleasure to meet, and the transaction was one of the easiest ever. There was a certain degree of trust on both sides, which PS helped foster.

1.28 ct heated sapphire, Ceylon.

_19206.jpg

_19207.jpg

_19208.jpg

_19209.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All of my favorite people wrapped up in my favorite color. It's like coloreestoneoverload!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks, Athenaworth! I just wish I could get some better pictures!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Not so little for a sapphire that nice! The 2nd photo gives an idea of your verbal description. Great find!

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I love is that its the right color combo (imo) coupled with good cutting. I have found those two things are impossible to find together!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty, can't wait to see it set.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I'd been able to see this in person!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THanks, missykittycat, JF, MB (another oval for me! Crazy! :lol: ), LoversKites, and TL. I plan to set it within the next year, Freke, so if we can both make it to the GTG again… :))

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That stone is really just beautiful - I love the color, and cert or no cert - if you're happy, then who cares because it's gorgeous!!!!!!!!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
treasurehunter - I thought so, too. :)

endless summer - Wink and I had actually been en route to the AGL booth to see about getting a quick cert, if possible, when I decided against it for the time being. It was kind of an unplanned purchase (though, coincidentally, I had asked another PS vendor, who uses the same dealer, for a hand shot of this stone a few weeks prior), during a fairly expensive trip, so I didn't want to spend any more money. Also, I figured I would probably only need papers if I was going to sell the stone, which I don't plan on doing. Lastly, since two PS vendors have used this dealer for years, I figured that says something. However, because of the infamous pad sapphire story around these parts, there's a chance I may still send it somewhere to be checked out, to be sure, but so far two emails to EGL Canada have gone unanswered, so we'll see.

pregcurious and swissmiss - thanks! I'm thinking of mixing metals for this one - maybe some yg and rose gold, at least for accents. Not sure. I want to hold the stone up against various metals and see what I think first. :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty stone and I would definitely forgive its oval shape. Both colour and cutting look good. Given the infamous story, I would have dropped by the AGL booth to have it checked out because the longer you wait, the less leg you have to stand on to return the stone (and get your money back). I understand that it is a keeper and not to be resold in the near future, but with the price you paid, I'd rather have the peace of mind that it is money well spent. I'm not sure how experienced EGL Canada is with detecting the newer treatments and synthetics.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its absolutely beautiful, and is my 'dream' pad color. Congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results