shape
carat
color
clarity

My Gary Dutton / Mark Turnowski amethyst ring - Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
I purchased the amethyst from Gary Dutton (15.38 carats), and am having Mark at Engagement Rings Direct (who sourced and designed my engagement ring) make the setting. Mark said the band needs to be 2.5 mm to support the stone but that the prongs will be thinner than what appears in this rendering. It looks good to me but I''m not very experienced so just wanted to get your expert opinions on whether this looks good to go.

Thanks in advance!

ring cad2 edited2.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! That looks stunning!!!!!
30.gif

CADs generally make settings look more clunky/chunky than they do once finished and fine-tuned, but wow - that CAD looks perfect as is!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmmmm grape jeeellllyyyy
18.gif

I think it looks fantastic!

-A

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great looking ring.

mz

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not go less than 2.5 mm either on the shank. I see no issues with the ring. The design is simple, classy and shows of the amethyst very well.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, that really works!!!

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Wooot that is beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I''ve never seen a CAD I really liked before this one. It''s beautiful as is!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

I see you gave the carat weight, but what is the dimension of your amethyst? I have a 12mm asscher amethyst that I''ve been trying to set without it looking clownish, and this setting seems perfect.

ManhattanLawyer

Shiny_Rock
The dimensions are 13.23 x 16.20 x 10.60 mm. I know it''s kind of big for a ring but I really wanted a showstopping piece :)

Thank you everyone for the feedback!! I''m going to give Mark the go-ahead.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I think that its defo gonna stop some shows.... Is that a 4 peaks ammy? I just bought an amethyst from Gary too, he is really nice isn''t he?

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What great CADs. I''m in total agreement, that is going to be one stunning ring ML, can''t wait to see it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very simple and classic and lovely. Great setting. I too would love to see the hand shots when it''s done!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results