shape
carat
color
clarity

My five stone canary oval diamond band is finished!!!

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! :wavey: . It's been quite a long time since I was here. Busy wedding planning and celebrating my wedding a few weeks ago! I've been playing around with some stones and designs. And for my wedding band, I wanted a stand alone band and I couldn't make up my mind so I decided to try and come up with the two pieces I had in mind :appl:
I'll need to choose one and probably move the other that I don't love as much so I can move on to other projects. :rolleyes:

But here she is!!! Little band of sunshines! :appl: :love:

I am really happy with how it turned out :dance:

Loose diamonds in their box

image_3424.jpg

image_3426.jpg

image_3427.jpg

image_3428.jpg

image_3429.jpg

image_3430.jpg
image_3431.jpg
Here's a link to a short video on the Vine account I created for my wedding stuff https://vine.co/v/eWXJAUYLO3M

image_3432.jpg

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
Oh.my.God! That is simply stunning - looks so amazingly perfect on your hand! WOW is all I can say. I mean, just WOW! :love: :love:

Congrats on the wedding - I wish you a lifetime of happiness with hubby and that gorgeous ring!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: She is a gorgeous band of sunshines. :love: Congratulations on your marriage!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Holy :love: hands and ring :love: . Moly. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
BaileyC|1430266858|3869325 said:
Oh.my.God! That is simply stunning - looks so amazingly perfect on your hand! WOW is all I can say. I mean, just WOW! :love: :love:

Congrats on the wedding - I wish you a lifetime of happiness with hubby and that gorgeous ring!!!!

:twirl: OMG thank you! And thanks so much for the well wishes! :D

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Could I ask where you go the diamonds from? I don't even know where to even look for such things.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

oh.my.goodness! :love: :lickout: That is sensational, lovemesomecolor! Wow. Really! Just gorgeous. I'd say it stands alone very well, and I can only imagine how it catches the sun when you're outside. I'm scared to even ask about your other idea/project! ;-)

Congrats on your marriage as well. :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning, stunning, stunning.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
airplay355|1430273656|3869411 said:
Could I ask where you go the diamonds from? I don't even know where to even look for such things.

I probably missed it, but stats and vendors would be appreciated.

Well that, and MOAR pictures. :Up_to_something:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!
It looks so elegant on your hand.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks great on you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a yummy band. :cheeky: Gorgeous diamonds.

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1430310118|3869589 said:
oh.my.goodness! :love: :lickout: That is sensational, lovemesomecolor! Wow. Really! Just gorgeous. I'd say it stands alone very well, and I can only imagine how it catches the sun when you're outside. I'm scared to even ask about your other idea/project! ;-)

Congrats on your marriage as well. :)

Thank you! Here's a link to a little video I was able to do today in the car and post on the Vine acct I used for all the wedding stuff :lol:

https://vine.co/v/e7135AOQE7M

I'll try to take decent pics of the other ring in the next days to post
:appl:

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! :love: I really love this piece. It turned out being so much more in terms of sparkle and coverage than I had visualized!!! :naughty:

I've been a little time crunched but I hope I can soon post more details, pics and info for those who are asking.

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
blackprophet|1430324514|3869689 said:

I probably missed it, but stats and vendors would be appreciated.

Well that, and MOAR pictures. :Up_to_something:

Hi!

I'll "fess up" . Have been wanting to have a line focusing on bridal pieces when I grow up :pray:
But since finances are a huge factor for such a project, I have to find solace in playing designer and joining the Pricescope crew in designing my own projects. getting to choose some and moving others so I can continue buying pretty things and experimenting with concepts.

For my wedding, we (husband and I) decided it was the perfect time to experiment with ideas, vendors and although scary, take some risks.

So I designed, decided all the measurements on my own. That was probably one of the most scary parts as I was dead set on certain proportions. Luckily CADs help a lot. I asked for two renders with different sizes of melee I had in mind. And chose from there.

As for vendors, they are honestly all over the world. Probably not the most efficient way to go around it but was what I had access to since I don't belong to the industry. Or the trade. YET (one can only hope :mrgreen: )
So CAD people are in India, tried some in China but lost the money pretty much. :oops:
Now for the diamonds, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea to use foreign vendors. As it is, it's hard to recover your money and enforce law to get your money back if something happens in your own country, things get a lot more complicated when you go international. BUT, I took the plunge and used a vendor I had found 13 years ago when I first learned about gemology and fell in love with fancy colored diamonds. Chrono has mentioned the vendor before but cautioned she has no experience buying from them. I got both the FCD ovals and the melee at Israel Diamonds. I had risked it with a smaller, waay smaller purchase with them and everything was great. So I took a deep breath and took the risk. They happened to have those ovals. And they usually have some pairs.

Then I used a vendor in NY for getting a wax and then my jeweler here in Puerto Rico and I worked on getting the rings done and finished!
Honestly, the service with Israel Diamonds was REALLY good on both occasions I've ordered. My jeweler is also a GIA certified gemologist and has checked the diamonds in both occasions and is pleased and was pleasantly surprised with the quality. BUT as we know, a vendor can be good and then, drop things big time and be a pain to work with or recover your money. We've seen it here with a popular vendor :doh: . So although My experience has been super positive, I recognize there are some extra risks. But perhaps buying with certain types of credit card would give some extra piece of mind for those that might be interested in taking the plunge but are nervous about big purchases. Although big is a relative term :think:
I would like to tag Chrono on this but have no idea how. I know she's mentioned that vendor before but I'm not sure many people have reviews.

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock

whoops. Answered to Blackprophet. Details in previous message.
Also, I will soon order from AperTrading. They also carry FCD and They are in the states (I think) . They have some Argyle melee that I am dying to get my hands on :Up_to_something:

Then of course for bigger stones there is Leibish. Haven't bought from them but I think I read a few prettt good comments here in some threads?

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
more pics!

From CAD to finished product

http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/image_3458.jpg[/
This render below was before I asked for the little pieces where the FCD will be set to be in yellow gold so it's still all white
[ATTACH=full]570662[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image_3459.jpg
    image_3459.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 9

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
UGH!! had posted a full making of post and got deleted! phone internet failure. Will try again! Grrr

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Looking forward to your making of post. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results