shape
carat
color
clarity

My colored stone collection pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello colored stone lovers!

Thought i would share my small collection of colored stone rings and earrings....let me say i don't really care for either my hands or my ears, but i know everyone likes to see the bling on the people, so.....

First up - my birthday ring from this year - i posted before but finally figured out how to take an OK picture....

Lots more pictures on its thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/updated-pictures-of-my-sapphire-ring.96659/

bdayring3.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring because my dad gave it to me one year for xmas - it was a thoughtful gift and i am very close to my dad. I wear it a lot...it's a blue topaz/WG/ diamond pave...

ringfrommydad.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These were my first real gift/purchase for myself in jewelry. They are sapphire - 6 mm studs in WG. I bought them for myself on the day of my older sister's bridal shower (i needed a pick me up, as my relationship was about to be over and i knew it!)

the picture makes them look fairly blue and in the case they looked that way too, but IRL they are really dark...i have thought of trading them in or selling them...(SO calls them my black sapphires
20.gif
) hee hee....live and learn.

firstgifttoself.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooo Hooo! my favorite *free* gift!!!!!!

One year for xmas, my aunt gave my sister and i and my two cousins each a pair of gemstone earrings....i can''t remember what happened to mine - one was lost (we got them when we were around 16 or so). Well years later, i am sifting through my sister''s jewelry box and i come across these aquamarine studs (they used to be in YG). Turns out, she won''t wear studs because she thinks they make her ears look weird!
33.gif

OK, i don''t love my ears either, but seriously! They came along just around the time of my interest in 4 prong studs arose, so she gave them to me and i had them reset at a local jeweler in a 4 prong WG...i don''t know the mm, but they are 8 or more. If only i would keep them clean they would look soooooo good!

aquaearrings.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my only thing that is an asscher cut (generally my favorite) - i really couldn't get a good picture of them....citrine earings - 4 prong. Sorry for the poor photo skills.

asscher citrine earrings.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh finally, a great gift one year for Valentines Day from my SO....pink sapphires in a flowery shape with a little diamond in the center of each...love them.

I think that will do it for tonight....thanks for looking!!!!

earringsvalentinesday.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Those are all beautiful pieces, the the blue in that sapphire band is to die for. I
30.gif
it.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey thanks Firecracker! I love that band too - it''s my favorite and not just because it''s new
27.gif
!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
violet, you have a great collection - i love the citrine asschers - the color is amazing!

And the sapphires - WOW!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Great collection! I LOVE the sapphire band! It''s my favorite!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful collection!!
30.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Brown eyed girl, Kelli, Gladyskristen, and cushioncutnut!!!

I am just learning how to capture some jewels up close, so i wanted to share...i love the feedback on colored stones because everyone has such different tastes on what they like the best - it''s really interesting!

Brown Eyed Girl, i love those earrings too! I loved the cut of the asscher the minute i saw it, and i feel like you can only see it with the lighter colors (even these are a little too dark). Surprisingly, i actually forget to wear these a lot and i don''t know why....
33.gif
I completely love the morganite piece you got from Jeff White...can''t wait to see what you do with it!

Kelli, the sapphire band is new....not even a month old, so of course i am obsessed with it :) it''s too small but i wear it anyway!

Gladyskristen, thanks for the compliment on my ring from my dad - i have to say, in person the ring is soooo much nicer looking...my fingers don''t photo well and particulalry with that ring i cannot really capture its look (for some reason the blue topaz doesn''t photo well). It''s very sparkly and people comment on it all the time (when i keep it clean that is)! And it''s from Zales years ago - but IRL it''s such a dainty ring and i love it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Violet - I''m loving your collection! Thank you so much for posting pics!

I don''t have many coloured studs, and you''ve inspired me to poke arouond!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lauren! this (little) collection comprises just about every "real" thing i own!

I don't know why, but i kind of got on a colored stud earring kick a few years ago, when i had enough money to spend a little on myself. this is not really an option currently
39.gif
but i am happy i have them!

The nice thing about the colored studs is that you can get a nice sized stone for such a reasonable price!!! I think the citrines were less than $100 and were a gift from my dad for christmas about 3 years ago (i picked them out of course)!

thanks for looking
35.gif
...someday i hope my collection is as lovely as yours - i am drooling over all the options you have for that beautiful halo ring and i love what you picked!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, i almost forgot! here is the very first real piece of jewelry i EVER got, when i was a teenager.

It was bought it from an antique store as a gift for me - but i was allowed to pick it out (i think it's pretty old). It's sapphires in yellow gold (the center is white gold with a diamond chip so small you really can't see it - the sapphires are almost black and the gold looks like rose gold but isn't really.

I am amazed by two things...

1. i still have it - my late teen years were not the best for "keeping" things around (i.e. not losing them).

2. it's really unique and beautiful! At that age, who knows what i might have picked out, but this i still love and wear it, and now that vintage and yellow gold is more in, people notice it all the time!
9.gif

my 14th birthday ring3.jpg

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty collection, thanks for sharing
35.gif
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty collection! My fav is the sapphire band.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful collection with lots of gorgeous colors!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MMT, Marcyc, Catmom, and Gecko! I appreciate all the lovely comments, ladies
1.gif

Catmom, maybe someday i''ll have a collection half as nice as yours. And it better include a replica of that devine color change sapphire on your pinky there - so glad you put that in your avatar (with the lovely yellow halo)...i saved that sapphire photo a long time ago and it is one of my favorite rings i''ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results