shape
carat
color
clarity

My cabs from Swala are here, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I got my tanzanite cab and tsavorite sugarloaf in the mail today! Eric was super nice and extremely helpful, he even gave me a 7ct garnet for free! I really, love the garnet--it's sooo pretty in person. The tanz and tsav are smaller than I expected, I guess I'm used to huge gems
2.gif

Please let me know what you all think! The stones are for a stack ring project, JKT is trying to find a third stone for me right now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the red garnet yet, maybe a ring or necklace...

SwalaSugarloavesandCabs.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Stats:

Tanzanite:
Weight: 5.31 ct
Dimension: 10.3 x 5.2 x 10.3 mm

Tsavorite:
Weight: 1.36 ct
Dimension: 6.4 x 6.3 x 3.1 mm

Eric's picture showed the tanzanite as being much more blue, IRL it is very purple. I'm thinking my third stone should be blue..
31.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy yummy!!

Also as far as the tanzanite seeming more purple, have you had a chance to see it in daylight? My tanzanite looks more blue in daylight, and more purple indoors.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 6:28:53 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Yummy yummy!!

Also as far as the tanzanite seeming more purple, have you had a chance to see it in daylight? My tanzanite looks more blue in daylight, and more purple indoors.
Yes, it looks purple in the daylight too. It's actually kind of a funny gem. If I look at it from the side, one side looks very blue and if I spin it the other is very purple. I'll take pictures of the difference tomorrow.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like cabs.....nice colors!

mz

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m thinking they look very nice! the tanzanite looks pretty large
6.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, and something about those gum drop shapes makes me hungry!! LOL! That''s a nice free gift, a pretty sizable garnet. WOW!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Pretty stones BG. The tsavorite looks a bit small to stand alone (especially if you like em big!). Would you do stackers like Megeve?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2010 6:41:33 PM
Author: Burberrygirl
Yes, it looks purple in the daylight too. It''s actually kind of a funny gem. If I look at it from the side, one side looks very blue and if I spin it the other is very purple. I''ll take pictures of the difference tomorrow.
What you are observing is trichroicism which all tanzanites exhibit. You will see blue when viewing from one side, purple from another side, and flashes of other colours as well. Very pretty purchases and this is the first I''ve heard of Eric throwing in a freebie.
31.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 7:50:07 PM
Author: Arcadian
I''m thinking they look very nice! the tanzanite looks pretty large
6.gif

-A
Thanks Arcadian! It''s actually smaller than I thought it''d be, but I love it anyways. I guess my emerald spoiled me..
9.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 8:07:18 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Beautiful, and something about those gum drop shapes makes me hungry!! LOL! That''s a nice free gift, a pretty sizable garnet. WOW!
I know, the shape of sugarloaves make me practically drool, lol! The garnet was an awesome surprise, Eric is such a nice guy!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 9:27:59 PM
Author: Gailey
Pretty stones BG. The tsavorite looks a bit small to stand alone (especially if you like em big!). Would you do stackers like Megeve?
Lol, that made me laugh for some reason! Yes, they are for stackers. My inspiration was my mom's stack rings (emerald, diamond, and ruby) and Megeve's gorgeous stackers. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the red garnet yet but it's a really pretty stone. I was planning on having stack rings made with the tanz, tsav and a third stone (maybe a spinel or sapphire?).

ETA: The tsav is on the small side. It's seriously the cutest stone I own, it's like a baby sugarloaf! I love it :)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 9:47:30 PM
Author: Chrono

Yes, it looks purple in the daylight too. It's actually kind of a funny gem. If I look at it from the side, one side looks very blue and if I spin it the other is very purple. I'll take pictures of the difference tomorrow.
What you are observing is trichroicism which all tanzanites exhibit. You will see blue when viewing from one side, purple from another side, and flashes of other colours as well. Very pretty purchases and this is the first I've heard of Eric throwing in a freebie.
31.gif
That is fascinating Chrono! I've never heard of that, I guess I have a lot to learn still! Eric was great to work with, I have nothing but nice things to say about him. I also talked to Rick at Art Cut Gems and he was fabulous, unfortunately he didn't have what I was looking for. I'd love to buy some stones from Rick in the future, he was really understanding and patient with me. I'm seriously in love with my red garnet, it shows gorgeous red flashes. Eric knew I was looking for three stones and my budget wasn't huge (this was my first gem purchase on my own, I'm a big girl now lol!), so I really appreciate the garnet! I never would have bought it on my own, I'm so glad he included it with my other stones :) Now I'm trying to get my mom to buy gems from him, I have a pretty tsavorite in mind for her
31.gif
9.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What you are observing is trichroicism which all tanzanites exhibit. You will see blue when viewing from one side, purple from another side, and flashes of other colours as well. Very pretty purchases and this is the first I've heard of Eric throwing in a freebie.
31.gif

Eric is getting grand! To me he sent a T-shirt, now he is throwing garnets as freebies! The year seems to be good for him! (LOL).

And the stones are simply beutiful. Congratulations, Burberrygirl!
I wonder what the next shopper gets...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Those are all really beautiful! Garnet could look very nice in the center of a simple, gold chain necklace, like, just a bezeled stone held by one end of a chain on each side - kind of like those bezeled diamond necklaces from Tiffany''s.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those are really pretty! I think I''m developing a sugarloaf itch. That garnet was a very nice gift!!
30.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oh BBG, those are LOVELY!!!!
30.gif
They make me SO excited to get my ammy sugarloaf from Eric!!! She should be on her way soon!!!

Can''t WAIT to see those babies set! ::drooooool::

Crystal keeper

Rough_Rock
Those are fantastic..look at the polish on those..it''s blinding..the color is fantastic..good buys burberry

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are very nice!! TFS
21.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Burberrygirl, your stones look so gorgeous! I am really jealous like Crasru I got only T-shirt!
11.gif
9.gif

I am having such difficulty finding a 3rd color for my stackers and I am also thinking of a different shape and lower dome. So how do you like the combo of oval and sugarloaf shapes? It will be interesting to see a pic of these together how they look top down! I will be following you on your settings and what color you are going to choose for your 3rd stone!
3.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
well done on those stones burberry..nice of eric to hook you up with a freebie..good buys..I like them!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 12:41:30 AM
Author: crasru

31.gif

Eric is getting grand! To me he sent a T-shirt, now he is throwing garnets as freebies! The year seems to be good for him! (LOL).

And the stones are simply beutiful. Congratulations, Burberrygirl!
I wonder what the next shopper gets...
Thanks Crasru!

As far as I know Swala sends all their gems in a T-shirt for safety reasons when the package goes through customs. I talked to Eric and he said the garnet was because he knew I wanted three stones. It was super nice of him! I really, really appreciate the garnet and how great of an experience I had working with him!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 4:27:21 AM
Author: ma re
Those are all really beautiful! Garnet could look very nice in the center of a simple, gold chain necklace, like, just a bezeled stone held by one end of a chain on each side - kind of like those bezeled diamond necklaces from Tiffany''s.
Thanks Ma Re! As always, I love your ideas :) I''m thinking about that or maybe a ring with a simple setting that really shows off it''s shape and color.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 9:58:57 AM
Author: brandy_z28
Wow, those are really pretty! I think I''m developing a sugarloaf itch. That garnet was a very nice gift!!
30.gif
Haha, I''ve had a sugarloaf/cab itch since I first saw pictures of vintage Bvlgari jewelry covered in cabs!
18.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 10:02:18 AM
Author: vc10um
Oh BBG, those are LOVELY!!!!
30.gif
They make me SO excited to get my ammy sugarloaf from Eric!!! She should be on her way soon!!!

Can''t WAIT to see those babies set! ::drooooool::
Thanks vc! I was drooling over your amethyst, I can''t wait to see your finished ring--it''s going to be a stunner! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results