shape
carat
color
clarity

My Blue Sapphire & Diamond E-Blingaring :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so happy that I can finally post pictures of my sapphire e-ring here in the colored stones section. Throughout the search and waiting period I''ve mostly lurked around Pricescope, but those of you VERY SPECIAL ladies with colored e-rings have truly been an inspiration! It''s a pleasure and a privilege to join you!!!!

Proposal story is here.

Specs:

1.08 ct Cushion cut Ceylon sapphire (unheated)
2 0.10 ct diamond trapezoids
68 RB teeny tinies (.42 ctw, I think)
Diamonds are E/F color, VVSI1-2
18k White Gold
My ring size is 4.75

I apologize for the poor quality of the photos (not so great of a camera + I am kinda clueless)... they really don''t show how sparkly this ring is IRL. I will try to have better, clearer pictures up later this week. Plus I forgot to take a profile shot (der!)

Okie dokie, here we go!

Mysapphirering23697.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Inanna! Where did you get it from?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
One word: WOW. More pics more pics! You have a STUNNING e-ring. Love it!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, congratulations!!!

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Congratulations! The ring is beautiful!!

Someone was just suggesting this setting to me as I tried to in my post on design of a sapphire e-ring. Did your FI used one of the PS vendors?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s lovely!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!!! Yes, we would love to know the vendor of the setting!!!!! More pics too! You have such lovely hands!

Brendaman........ I love your avatar! Is that a maltese? (sorry, off topic, but I love malteses)

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Be still my sapphire heart, congratulations on your engagement and your BEAUTIFUL ring!
36.gif

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
inanna, your e-ring is so classy! the sapphire is a lovely color. a huge congrats to you!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
As I said in your other thread, I LOVE IT! The sapphire is such a beautiful, rich color, and the setting is just stunning. Congratulations!

Any thoughts on a band yet?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Such BLUEBLINGALUSCIOUSNESS!

The colour is lovely and it looks stunning on your hand.

Congratulations!

LS

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! I love that sapphire! Its color is gorgeous!
30.gif
I also really love the trap sidestones.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! That''s stunning.
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! Congrats!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous and I love the setting!! Congratulations.
36.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I adore it! What a beauty.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Truly beautiful - and I''m a guy
2.gif

One of the best settings I''ve ever seen!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all of your compliments!!!!!!

To those who''ve asked where the ring is from: We ultimately found the sapphire (after about 5-6 months search online and locally) at an independent jewelry store in Kansas City that specializes in custom work, and as an added bonus the general manager is a gemstone nut (with quite a collection of her own).

The plan all along was to custom design a ring, however we ended up going with one of this jeweler''s pre-made designs. This setting seemed to meet all of our needs beautifully - FI adores trillions/trapezoids/half-moons and three-stone rings; after stumbling upon \"The Pokey Special\" and others'' rings here on PS I absolutely fell in love with split-shanks and micro-pave. It was possibly just dumb-luck that our jeweler had already made a setting that matched all our desires! I really don''t think we could have come up with a better a ring concept on our own. (Plus I got a halo!
9.gif
hehehe.) The end result was such a delight, particularly considering how frustrating our sapphire search was initially.

Again I really want to thank all of you here on PS, especially those of you who contribute to the colored stones section - what a wealth of information you all possess! Furthermore, you reassured this PS lurker that she wasn''t out of her mind for wanting a colored e-ring. THANK YOU!
36.gif

More pictures coming soon!

In the meantime, any suggestions for the wedding band????

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. I adore the design
30.gif
The sapphire is a beauty also and I love the traps on the side, it looks so beautiful on your hand. Congratulations on your engagement.

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Inanna:

Are you still planning to post more pics of your lovely ring? Do the diamond trapezoids also have a halo of diamonds surrounding them, similar to Missrocks'' ring?

Cheers,
Brenda

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 12:45:57 PM
Author: brendaman
Inanna:

Are you still planning to post more pics of your lovely ring? Do the diamond trapezoids also have a halo of diamonds surrounding them, similar to Missrocks'' ring?

Cheers,

Brenda

Brenda,

Definitely, yes, I am planning on posting more pictures (I simply need to upgrade my camera or my camera skills, and get my ring back
2.gif
). The ring is currently at the jewelers being slightly adjusted for size and there was one prong around the sapphire that didn''t look perfect to me. So I should have the ring back by Friday.

The trapezoids on mine do have tiny pave around them... although I didn''t see Missrocks ring until after I''d chosen my setting, I now see that the overall design is quite similar. Hers is much more "weighty" as far as the sapphire size and total diamond cttw. It''s really really stunning! I kinda think I have a miniature version of her ring
9.gif
18.gif

How has your search been going? Any new resources/ideas?

Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. I know you''ve been getting tons of compliments on your little maltese... they are absolutely the best. I grew up with one who lived a very happy 16 years - sweetest, friendliest, lil'' guy ever!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! That sapphire is so lively!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results