color
clarity

My Alexandrite Bubble Set

melave

Shiny_Rock
Hi all
I found this vendor on etsy and i loved her bubble ring
http://www.etsy.com/listing/51700079/14k-rose-gold-and-sterling-silver

I had an idea for a pendant and ring. so after many conversations i went ahead with it

I bought a couple of cats eye alexandrites from Dana at mastercut gems and got them sent to Lyndsay. They were set in 14K white gold with rose gold bubbles.

And here is the end result. Now i know this won't be to everyone's taste but i love it. Lyndsay was a dream to work with i think it turned out better than i had pictured it

so now for the pictures. Excuse the grotty hand, i had just finished work, i was so excited and wanted to get the last rays of sunshine for the day.

bubbles.JPG

bubbles 4.JPG

bubble 5.JPG

bubble 6.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very interesting design - very cool! I love the white and rose combinations :love: Good choice melave!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It's neat that the cat's eye was set on an angle too.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I love it. Not just the design but the execution too looks very good. That's tough with such construction to keep the bubbles distinct and well defined at their joins, not gunked up with solder. And the stones look great in that setting. All in all just great!
:appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1322062837|3067668 said:
I love it. Not just the design but the execution too looks very good. That's tough with such construction to keep the bubbles distinct and well defined at their joins, not gunked up with solder. And the stones look great in that setting. All in all just great!
:appl:

I couldn't agree more. It looks like you took her design concept and ran with it and the result is handsome and unique.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a very lovely set! :appl:

melave

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

From what i understand, she uses a laser welder to join all the bubbles together. You can see the joins on the back, but nothing from the front. I think she did a great job. I have tried to take some pic from behind, but my camera didn't like it much

She also made a lazy river pendant for one of my nieces for christmas. It is a rhodolite in it. This is her picture as i haven't manage to take one yet

And some more pics :)

bubble pendant.JPG

river pendant.jpeg

bubble set.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The bubble design is so cute! Very nice color change too. I thought about using rose gold with my alexandrite a while ago but decided against it. Your pieces make me wish I did!

melave

Shiny_Rock
hi all

Thanks Jstarfire. I couldn't decide either, this design allowed me to have both!! win win :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Great design, melave. Wonderful use of a pair of lovely smaller stones. The bubble design is so neat.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the pendant, especially. I've never seen a design like that before. It's pretty cool!

Your niece's necklace is very pretty as well.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love the texture on the bubble set!

Your niece is going to be thrilled with the lazy river necklace!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore your pendant. It's such a great design and beautiful. The neckshot really brings it to life.

Enjoy wearing the pendant and ring.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I noticed those beautiful alexs but had no idea how to set them. I think your setting really complements them!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cat's eye alexandrites are a great way to enjoy the double phenomena of both colour change and a cat's eye opening/closing. Beautiful set of jewellery!

melave

Shiny_Rock
HI all

Thanks for all the nice replies. I am loving this set. I hate the fact i can't wear jewellery to work as it means i don't get to enjoy wearing it as often

Chrono|1322571381|3070738 said:
Cat's eye alexandrites are a great way to enjoy the double phenomena of both colour change and a cat's eye opening/closing. Beautiful set of jewellery!

Thanks Chrono. Thats why i like them as well. I love alexandrites and i have a fascination with Cat's eye, so i got a double win with these.

pregcurious|1322534088|3070484 said:
I noticed those beautiful alexs but had no idea how to set them. I think your setting really complements them!
I was the same Pregcurious. Until i saw the bubble ring one day when bored. I am still love this set, but found a different design for the ring after Lyndsay started on mine

I was thinking that this would have looked cool, with a few bubbles on the round part. It would have matched the pendant a little better and would have given me some options to mix it up a little. hmm next time maybe :)

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58419368

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results