shape
carat
color
clarity

My afternoon with Richard Wise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spent quite some time with Richard this afternoon. He took me through his jaw-dropping inventory (including a Kashmiri sapphire, a colour-change sapphire, and a pair of pigeon blood rubies). I''m considering a pair of red spinels and a Mahenge. Unfortunately for Richard, I can''t make up my mind quickly where it comes to pricey items. I did leave with a pair of white and pink unmentionables. Ah, gem fix!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS. He has the best Paraiba I''ve ever seen, and I''ve seen a number. Sob.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
What a nice way to spend an early fall day. I am green with envy.
27.gif
I am quite confused though concerning the pink and white unmentionables. Does RW also sell underwear?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 7:16:56 PM
Author: colormyworld
What a nice way to spend an early fall day. I am green with envy.
27.gif
I am quite confused though concerning the pink and white unmentionables. Does RW also sell underwear?

Hah! That''s what I thought, too!
But if they are gems, then I wanna seeeee!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If they''re what I think they are then she can''t show us them even if she wanted to - unless she wants to wear them to a wedding...
27.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh Harriett!

cheers--Sharon

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What fun! It sounds like you cannot go wrong, whatever you choose.

Is it pushing it too far to ask how you will set "the gems who must not be named"?

How large was the Kashmir?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get your heads out of the gutter, especially CMW!

Miranda,
The Kashmir is 2+ carats, I believe. It''s listed on Richard''s site.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
That must be so much fun!

I went to the website to take a look at the kashmir and from the pics it seems rather silky. Does it look silky when you saw it in person? The opal boulder with red sprinkle caught my eye, did you see that when you were there?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s silky AND well-cut. I did see that opal, as well as one that looked liked the globe with green abd blue flashes. My favourites were a matched pair of pigeon blood rubies. I''ll post the link when I get to a computer.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love that new website. My BF is going to MA in a month and he said he could look for me. I told him that was not the same!
11.gif
Did you see all the rubies or just the pair?

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
sounds like there were some shining moments in your weekend

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet,

What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. You are very fortunate to have this opportunity. The Kashmir sapphire and the pair of unheated Mogok rubies sound pretty amazing. I bet the price tags are pretty prohibitive. I am just curious, how does the color of the pair of rubies compare to the pair of red spinels? Richard''s description on his website represents the spinels as fushia. On my computer, they look mostly pure red.

AN

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 10:51:40 PM
Author: Eva17
sounds like there were some shining moments in your weekend
Yes, and you''ll be here this week, right?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 11:06:09 PM
Author: Art Nouveau
Harriet,

What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. You are very fortunate to have this opportunity. The Kashmir sapphire and the pair of unheated Mogok rubies sound pretty amazing. I bet the price tags are pretty prohibitive. I am just curious, how does the color of the pair of rubies compare to the pair of red spinels? Richard''s description on his website represents the spinels as fushia. On my computer, they look mostly pure red.

AN
I was indeed. The rubies are darker in tone than the spinels. Unscientifically, I''d describe them as ''strawberry red.''

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 10:44:19 PM
Author: Harriet
I fell in love with this pair of rubies, which looks way more beautiful in real life: http://www.rwwise.com/products/id%7C1067 Richard was kind enough to give me a lesson and so I had the pleasure of seeing all the rubies. Thanks, Richard!
I am in love with the 1.63ct one, it seems to have so much sparkle and life. Sounds like you at least tried to make lemonaide with the lemons you were handed this week

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Someday I will get back to that side of the country....and hit up Boston and NYC again

Hope you are enjoying being back in your own apt

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am indeed envious! while we did purchase my spess from richard, i''ve never met him!!!!!!!

movie zombie

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Harriett,

It was a great visit. I always enjoy meeting with Pricescope members. Your knowledge, interest, and passion make it fun.

Consider that you all have a standing invitation to visit and the next time you find yourselves in America''s premier cultural resort, Lenox, in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts please call or just come by and introduce yourselves: Below is a link to the chamber of commerce.

http://www.lenox.org

Next time Harriett, hopefully you will have time to take a tour of the workshop. Oh, and I forgot to show you the flawless gem quality Colombian emerald crystal I bought in Bogata last December.

Best,

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Richard,

Likewise.

My in-laws are thinking of buying a B&B in Lenox, so I may very well be back. I hope the crystal will still be around then.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Harriett,

Thanks for the link. This was a bear of a ring to make, but when I first saw this Stephen Avery suite I thought, it has to be a ring so if you like the combination of red tourmaline and spessartite...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results