shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2011 FCD Acquisitions

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
Inspired by justginger's thread I wanted to share some of my 2011 sparkly additions.

NOTE: All diamonds received full GIA reports except for the pear, it was too small. It received the color/origin report.

First is a .55ct Light Green round brilliant. Despite it's I1 clarity grade it is a real sparkler. I won this one on an ebay no reserve auction for a bargain.. (2 pics)

This .43ct Fancy Light greenish Blue is probably my favorite purchase of 2011. It was graded as SI1 and its strong blue florescence really makes this diamond glow in sunlight. (2 pics)

oops 4 pic per post limit

To be continued...

448.JPG

445.JPG

.43small.jpg

.43small2.jpg

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
This .46ct Fancy Brown-Pink was graded as Internally Flawless by GIA and received VG for sym and polish. I still haven't been able to take a nice pic of it. It looks much nicer IRL. (2 PICS)

Here is a .31ct Fancy Light bluish Green shield shaped diamond. It was graded VS2. I just received this guy in December as one of my last 2011 purchases (2 PICS)

More to come...

P1010494.JPG

.46ctPinkRad.jpg

.31Sheild.jpg

.31Sheild2.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the first and second ones.....sweet!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm, lovely FCDs!!! :love:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Very lovely! There's the FCD love!

Isn't it funny how once you've been bitten by the bug you have to keep scratching that FCD itch? :naughty:

I really like your fav greenish blue. All your stones are of a nice size too! How much did you score that green for? I'm sure it was much less than you would have paid at a vendor, so congrats! The fact that it was GIA certified makes it even sweeter.

Your stones are all of a good size too. And you prefer the lighter/cooler colours of green and blue vs the warmer shades of yellow/orange? Or is that 2012? :bigsmile:

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the delayed posting...distractions and cropping

This pear is .14ct and was graded Fancy bluish Green. Personally I find it less saturated than some of the other Fancy Light bluish Green's in this thread, but what do I know? (2 PICS)

With dimensions of 6.18 x 2.96 x 1.50 this .23ct Briolette Pear has a pretty good spread. It was graded as Fancy Light bluish Green and has VS2 clarity. I was thinking about combining this with the shield to make a pendent necklace. The colors are exact IRL. (2 PICS)

Almost done...

.14pear.jpg

.14pear2.jpg

.23Brio.jpg

.23Brio2.jpg

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
These are just some group shots that I took.

.55ct Light Green and .38 Very Light Pink - Would love to make a 3 stone ring, still looking for a good match to the pink.

.43ct FLgB cush and two (not very clean, included) .11ct FpPink - Note the huge natural on girdle of the blue

Group Top - That yellow radiant cost me $35 dollars on ebay WITH shipping. I know it's a dog, but it gives somewhat of a color contrast...for CHEAP!

Group Bums - That I1 inclusion in the round green really reflects from the back. It looks gruesome!

Well guys that's it for 2011

P1010567.JPG

P1010597.JPG

P1010342.JPG

bP1010574.jpg

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about the quality of the pics...once you see my "studio" hopefully everyone will be forgiving lol

Comprises off...

1 Paper Plate (please use brand name to avoid spills)
1 Folded piece of plain printer paper (background)
1 upside down plastic imaginary tea time, tea cup I borrowed from my daughter (tripod...or monopod? unipod?)
1 10 MP Olympus point and shoot camera
1 Sun

studio.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oooo your FCDs are just lovely! I like the first 3 the best but they're all very pretty. Thanks for sharing!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looovely colors you got there!!!
I think Blue Green is my favorite range of hues.

Does your briolette have a hole drilled for hanging?

Mor pics please.
I can look at a zillion pics.
Any face up pics of that pair or Purplish Pink rounds? :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely "studio", Anonymous!! oh... and the bling ain't bad either!! I love the idea of the 3 stone ring using your pink sides... very nice! And I really like your "dog" yellow diamond - especially at $35!

Pretty sweet collection - 2011 was good to you!

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
Imasugarjunkie, Movie Zombie, Kenny and Pregcurious thank you for the kind words.

TristanC oh brother how right you are. I've only been interested for a relatively short time, but once it grabs you you might as well surrender.

I won the Light Green for just under $1,000 (icluding shipping lol) with the full GIA report. I typically don't buy colored diamonds on eBay but I won it for what I thought was a fair price.

You are correct, my favorite FCD colors are blue, green and pink...2011 was green, 2012 is pink :devil:

AN0NYM0US

Shiny_Rock
Stargurl78 - Thank you, those are my fav 3 too!

Kenny - You are so right. I have yet to see a diamond in the blue/green range that I didn't like. The Brio doesn't have a hole, but it does have a cavity...if you are seeing something in the pics, it might be that :(sad (GIA report below)

I might have some more pics of the pinky rounds, I'll have to look (and then crop) BTW what is the maximum jpeg size allowed here?

Speaking of photos...I must confess that I have been using various Kenny photos as wallpapers and screensavers on multiple devices for over a year now and I always wanted to thank you for sharing them. Thank you.

Enerchi
- Thanks, the studio took a lot of hard work to put together...my daughter really wanted that cup.

I still need to find a very light pink around .40ct for that ring. I only have one that size. I thought I found one last year, but it didn't work out. The 3 stone ring was one of my first "projects" and is still not complete. :roll:

Yeah I was surprised that at $35 it got a pass from the diamond tester. I can't say the color is natural, but I don't think anyone would irradiate a small stone like that. There is a large feather in it and it took A LOT of photos to get one that looked that good.

ETA - Sorry about the small GIA report. I'm new at this :read:

Briolette 0.23-JPEG.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN0NYM0US|1326166781|3099097 said:
Stargurl78 - Thank you, those are my fav 3 too!

Kenny - You are so right. I have yet to see a diamond in the blue/green range that I didn't like. The Brio doesn't have a hole, but it does have a cavity...if you are seeing something in the pics, it might be that :(sad (GIA report below)

I might have some more pics of the pinky rounds, I'll have to look (and then crop) BTW what is the maximum jpeg size allowed here?

Speaking of photos...I must confess that I have been using various Kenny photos as wallpapers and screensavers on multiple devices for over a year now and I always wanted to thank you for sharing them. Thank you.

You are most certainly welcome and I'm flattered and delighted that someone would use my pics for wallpaper and screensavers.
I just wish my FCDs were that large. :lol:

You asked about pic sizes; the largest file size that PS allows us to upload is 2 MB.
I have found that saving a pic as a jpg makes the colors become more washed out here on PS.

What works for me is to do a screen capture on my Mac.
That creates a png file on my desktop.
If it is larger than 2 MB then I'll go back and make the pictures's window smaller and try a new screen capture and repeat this till I get something between 1.8 and 2 MB.
There are other ways to do it but this works for me.

Other people here do it in various ways they may mention or you can do a search.

Since PS limits the size that a pic appears here to IMHO a very small size I'd take 2 pics of the GIA report (one of the top and another of the bottom) because when the entire GIA report is all in one pic the detail is too small to read.

BTW, remember that when talking about pic "size" with computers the word "size" has two meanings.
1. How much memory the file takes up - measured in bytes.
2. How large the pic appears on the screen, measured in pixels, inches, or cm.
While related, they are not always directly proportional.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results