shape
carat
color
clarity

Mozambique cuprian 2.07 ct

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just received this Mozambique cuprian from a fellow PSer. Definitely an impulse purchase, it will have to be my last CS / jewelry purchase for a while, as I've indulged this hobby a little too much in the past few months! :devil: :devil: :devil: I couldn't resist the opportunity to get this cuprian (it was $300 for 2 ct) especially since I had not seen a cuprian in real life before! :)

It is more sea-green with a bit of blue, and slightly lighter in tone than in the photos. However it does have amazing neon glow. It reminds me of the seas in the Philippines, especially around Cebu and Boracay.
uploadfromtaptalk1403235349995.jpg2014-06-20_11.jpg

I'm not sure how I'm going to set it yet, but it will definitely go into a ring someday! (probably platinum or silver, I think yellow or rose gold would not quite suit the green color).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having owned many cuprians, I think rose gold and high karat yellow gold suit them best. However, it's a matter of taste. I love how they really pop in colored gold, as opposed to white gold.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that was definitely a bargain. Can't wait to see it set!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1403236578|3697032 said:
Having owned many cuprians, I think rose gold and high karat yellow gold suit them best. However, it's a matter of taste. I love how they really pop in colored gold, as opposed to white gold.

that's a good point. Personally I tend to prefer RG or YG which suit my skin tone better, so I'll keep your advice in mind. Thanks :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I knew I'd be jealous as soon as I saw the subject of your post! Great buy. Worth overdoing the budget a tad.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that's just so pretty (and peaceful looking)! Definitely worth going a bit over budget for. =)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I agree. If you want one, it's worth it to splurge. They're just not available anymore at reasonable prices.

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
You *had to* buy it, indeed, you couldn't afford not to! Really that's a lovely color - it shouldn't even require rationalization, as I believe it justifies itself just on looks. Gotta say, I like your taste in stones :wink2:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, you PSers are such enablers! (but in the very best way :D :D) I definitely need to start saving up for a setting for this baby. (though I did cave in and buy the Ryan Quantz tanzanite :errrr: :errrr: that's my final loose stone purchase for the year, I swear!)

Anyway---

I put the cuprian against some of my gold jewelry and definitely it looks much better with 18k yellow gold or higher; it did not go well with platinum at all (to my liking). I have been mulling two options even though I don't plan to set it for a while.

1) simple bezel with 5 stone band (blue/green side stones...?)
2) simple halo with either colorless diamonds or a pale pink stones (maybe pale pink morganite or tourmaline. or pink sapphire.)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, lovely cuprian!! I agree with TL, I love the pop of blue with high karat yellow gold.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!! *drool!**

I vote for white gold or rose gold. It will look beautiful in any color though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results