shape
carat
color
clarity

Morganite pears

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Morganite was my first gem and my first obsession if I can call it that. I was so excited when I received the stone (concave cut pear 1.65 carats) that I somehow held the packaging upside down and the stone slipped out and fell on the kitchen floor and got...chipped-lesson learnt. It ruined my day but two days later my second morganite arrived (1.6 brilliant cut pear,a really pale and windowed stone but I like it anyway) :love:
As two weren't enough since one was chipped and the other pale and very different, bought two more, a really nice 2.8 carats and a smaller 1.55, both pears both concave cut and peachy. Did I mention I love pears?
I paired the pale pink with a small pink sapphire for a pendant, probably in white metal, silver or gold, not sure yet. Both stones are windowed but look so much better on a metal surface, I'm sure the windows will be less noticeable.
From the big concave I will make a halo pendant and from the small one for a halo ring, rose gold. As for the chipped one, maybe fix the tip or leave it as is and bezel it for an everyday rose gold ring.

morganite-1.jpg
morganite-2.jpg
morganite-3.jpg
morganite-4.jpg
morganite-6.jpg
morganite-8.jpg
morganite-9.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sucks you chipped it but I love a good pear. I also think the pairing with the trillion is cool!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, the pale morganite has a different pink that goes very well with the sapphire and the cut is a better match. The others are more like peach colour. Also I feel that white metal would be better, this morganite has a nice sparkle to it, looks a bit icy.

The chipped one is the top stone in the group photo, I positioned it so it doesn't show and ruin the photo :)
I haven't given up on it, if I can repair or hide the chip I'm gonna set it anyway.

morganite-7.jpg
This is the chipped one .It's bad (missing tip) but not horrible considering the over one meter fall and the repeated bounces on the kitchen tiles... :wall:

Can't seem to be able take good photos of the stones, I get dark areas. The stones don't have that much extinction to be honest.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gloria, congratulations on your new stones! :appl: Too bad about the chip, but hopefully you can still come up with a design that works. Looking forward to seeing your stones set in future! :wavey:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!
They are not that new, I started collecting about two years ago and I went through phases: morganite, cameo then turquoise...next is chrysoberyl and maybe set the morganite and sapphire (marriage anniversary approaches :dance: ) choices, choices...oh, well.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
I love Morganite, though I haven't got any. And I'm a sucker for concave cuts, I adore them. Your stones are gorgeous, congrats!
I'm sorry about your chip too....I'll have to remember, always open stone boxes over soft, smooth surfaces!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I too love concave cuts a lot, they show the colour more than sparkle but this is ok for Morganite I guess.
the chipped one :

morganite-chip.jpg

I can't decide what metal colour would suit the pendant best, the Morganite looks almost like Goshenite, any suggestions are welcome.

morganite-sapph1.jpg
morganite-sapph2.jpg
morganite-sapph3.jpg

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
I think rose gold is perfect for morganite. I can kind of envision a 2-tone pendant, if it's not too difficult or expensive - the sapphire in white or yellow gold and morganite in rose? Hmmmm... :think:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I like Morganite in rose gold, as well. I've heard that rose gold will bring out the pink, and yellow gold will bring out the peach.

I like the idea of two-tone, with white gold for the sapphire.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great idea guys!
I don't see why the unplated white gold part would make it more expensive, I'm not aware of any price differences between the gold tones.
I hope I can set it this year, unless I get any more stones and there is one I want for sure...gotta check that anniversaries calender :naughty:

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I love morganite in rose gold. There's something so warm about the combo and the preachiness of your stone is beautiful.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
My stone is more peachy pink IRL. I can't get a good photo of the true color. :(sad

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the peachiness to, it's soooo soft! Btw, your set is great!
My brilliant cut morganite, the one that I want to pair with the sapphire is a different pink than the rest. I haven't managed to capture the true colour not even once, for any of the stones. The concave ones are salmon colour and the other is a cooler pink. I like them both :)

I think I might like faceted stones that are lighter in colour and cabochons that are more saturated or maybe it's just a phase...I did not like asschers before (or anything with chunky facets) and now I like them a lot.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results