shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint Tourmaline

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
To all my tourmaline experts:

I am interested in sourcing a Mint Tourmaline - something like this but in an asscher or cushion cut:

TourmShield932%20300.jpg

To my eye, the color is a bit like a Tsav but with more blue tones and not as deep of a color. Even a shade or two lighter would do. I am thinking 8-9 mm.

Thanks for your help!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think that colour is too intense for a "minty" description. If you ask vendors for a minty tourmaline, you are probably going to be shown paler, more pastel colors.

For that color, I would look for chrome tourmalines. Yumm!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tone is somewhat too strong for a mint, and for a 8 mm to 9 mm asscher cut which is one the deepest cut designs would mean that it is going to be a substantial carat weight, probably at least 4 carats and upwards, which is rather uncommon for garnets to be that large. Be prepared to have a healthy budget.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sphenequeen|1320806757|3057488 said:
To all my tourmaline experts:

I am interested in sourcing a Mint Tourmaline - something like this but in an asscher or cushion cut:

TourmShield932%20300.jpg

To my eye, the color is a bit like a Tsav but with more blue tones and not as deep of a color. Even a shade or two lighter would do. I am thinking 8-9 mm.

Thanks for your help!

That color in tourmaline is very rare, as most chrome tourmalines are very dark in tone. I would ask Gene if he has any of this material. He's sold chromes in the past.

Like Chrono said, it's not really a "mint" color, but more of a chrome green with a touch of blue.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all - perhaps that image is too dark. I definitely don't want a chrome tourmaline. I am going to look at the sources you suggested and keep garnet in mind too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sphenequeen|1320858077|3057824 said:
Thank you all - perhaps that image is too dark. I definitely don't want a chrome tourmaline. I am going to look at the sources you suggested and keep garnet in mind too.

I have a tsavorite almost identical to that color, so you might be able to find it in a garnet, but I would ask the dealer to show it to you in different lighting, as some tsavorites tend to get more yellow in some lighting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto TL; it's what I'd consider a medium or even medium light green grossular garnet with a touch of blue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results