shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint Tourmaline Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my very first gemstone project. The thread on the stone is here.
I definitely think the YG bezel helped the color a lot (compare to the photos in the original thread), and also made it look much bigger than I expected. I don't know why it looks so windowed in some of the pictures -- maybe because they are at a slight angle? I had quite a bit of trouble getting good shots, but here's what I've got so far. It also looks quite blue in the pictures. The YG definitely makes it look more blue overall, and it was getting some extra help from my blue shirt. It is still a little greener in natural light.

This just gives an idea of scale...

tourmnecklace1.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty pendant.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! i''m pretty proud of it, especially for my first try at the gemstone thing. i looked at some more complicated settings, but the price of gold and the question of how often i''d wear it if it was fancier led me back to a really simple look. i was nervous about whether the jeweler would get the really narrow bezel right, but i think the setting came out great.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, it looks great, love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Lovely, I''m so glad you found such an elegant design for your first gemstone project (it probably won''t be your last). The tourmaline has an icy cool neon glow to it that I just love. Congratulations.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2007 5:53:10 PM
Author: twodoor2
Lovely, I'm so glad you found such an elegant design for your first gemstone project (it probably won't be your last). The tourmaline has an icy cool neon glow to it that I just love. Congratulations.
Thanks twodoor2! I'm sure this won't be my last project, although it may be the last for a while. I was so surprised at how much the look of the stone changed after it was set. It definitely didn't have that glow to it before -- pretty sure it was you and Neatfreak that pushed the bezel idea -- thanks!!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Your new necklace is very pretty. It looks really elegant on your neck. I''m very sure this won''t be your last project...it''s hard to stop when you get bitten by the jewellery bug!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how it''s color shows off set in the YG! Very, very pretty!!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a very pretty necklace! I love Dan Stair''s stuff, the cut is good and his service is excellent..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really large in the "full" shot. I also like that the yellow gold made it look blue in the smaller close up shot. Great job!
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I love it, it looks great. Congrats!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty necklace! Thanks for sharing. It seems to have more color now that it is set. Very nice!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, that is so lovely and the stone pops. I am liking yellow gold, of course I love plat too, but boy, some things just look better in yellow!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, all :) I''m not a big YG person either, but it really did look better in yellow. I played with it in a bunch of ring settings just to get an idea, and the difference was huge. It works out ok -- looks good with my teeny-tiny (0.2 mm?) buttercup-set YG diamond studs that belonged to my great aunt. I didn''t really have a neclace that looked good with those before. FI''s take -- "wow, now it doesn''t look like a funny-colored diamond."

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very nice! GREAT first project.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back and back to this thread to ogle over that necklace!!! I just LOVE it!! Great job!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results