shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint Tourmaline Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right before I left for my vacation, I bought a 9.1X9.1mm stone. Any setting suggestions for my current pet stone?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried to take a picture, but could not do justice to the stone. Can someone in NY please help me?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, forgive me if this question has been asked and answered... but don''t you have a pretty nice digital camera? I thought I read that you did? Where did it go? And doesn''t it have a macro button?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's ok, but it doesn't have a macro button. Also, I'm a lousy photographer, especially with gems. I need to enlist Nicrez.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet have you tried backing awat from the stone a bit and using the zoom? Thats what I do and it seems to work pretty well. Cloudy days are perfect for taking pics.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, WELCOME BACK HARRIET.

Please tell us about your vacation too!!!!!
35.gif
36.gif

Linda

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
H-
Are you bringing it by leon when you go pick up yor ring tomorrow?
36.gif

Maybe he will have some fabulous suggestions and be sure to post them!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gems are hard. I found that in ourdoor, but indirect light was the best light for me. Good luck. It sounds pretty!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 5:49:39 PM
Author: colormyworld
Harriet have you tried backing awat from the stone a bit and using the zoom? Thats what I do and it seems to work pretty well. Cloudy days are perfect for taking pics.
Yes, I have. Thanks for the tip. I still can''t capture the colour of this stone though. I''ll try and get a pro pic from the vendor.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 7:02:59 PM
Author: Linda W
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, WELCOME BACK HARRIET.

Please tell us about your vacation too!!!!!
35.gif
36.gif

Linda
THANKS!
I''ll write about my vacation on my "Who''s Who" thread soon.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 10:58:29 PM
Author: Green with Envy
H-
Are you bringing it by leon when you go pick up yor ring tomorrow?
36.gif

Maybe he will have some fabulous suggestions and be sure to post them!!!
Unfortunately, I won''t be picking up my ring tomorrow. The appointment is to discuss what to do with the tourmaline and some others.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 11:01:20 PM
Author: Gypsy
Gems are hard. I found that in ourdoor, but indirect light was the best light for me. Good luck. It sounds pretty!
Thanks, Gypsy. Btw, you needn''t have tiptoed around me in your earlier post.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
This stone could be a candidate for the HW halo setting I love.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 9:00:04 PM
Author: Harriet
Update:
This one is unequivocally going into the HW setting.
now or later? where is the pic even a teaser pic pweese!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure because there''s a stone I''m considering. Alright, alright, I''m charging the camera.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
BY the way- did LM mention anything that might be difficult about setting your tourmaline. Need to be extra careful if setting pave in head of ring? I know they are not as hard as diamonds or sapphires- but still wearable in rings. R u putting halo to protect edges of stone- or you just want that look? Post a pic of the HW you want- or is that a silly question of me because there is ony ONE hW halo or something?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 3:26:20 AM
BY the way- did LM mention anything that might be difficult about setting your tourmaline. Need to be extra careful if setting pave in head of ring? I know they are not as hard as diamonds or sapphires- but still wearable in rings. R u putting halo to protect edges of stone- or you just want that look? Post a pic of the HW you want- or is that a silly question of me because there is ony ONE hW halo or something?
No. The HW setting is the one with a very thin micropave halo and a very thin micropave shank. Skippy posted a picture of it: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fun-bling-pics-from-vegas.68053/

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! Did LM suggest a halo since tourmalines seem to have less RI than other gems and it will make the stone pop more? Or did you just know you wanted that awesome HW setting eventually? I want to get a tourmaline and set without a halo and I am wondering if this would be a mistake since tourmalines can look not so impressive in low lighting? (Obviously not refering to paraibas- figured out those are way out of my price range.)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 10:42:14 PM
BEAUTIFUL! Did LM suggest a halo since tourmalines seem to have less RI than other gems and it will make the stone pop more? Or did you just know you wanted that awesome HW setting eventually? I want to get a tourmaline and set without a halo and I am wondering if this would be a mistake since tourmalines can look not so impressive in low lighting? (Obviously not refering to paraibas- figured out those are way out of my price range.)
No. I''m just obssessed with that setting. I''m sitting in semi-darkness right now, and my tourmaline is glowing at me!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
By the way, that stone is AMAZING. We had the chance to meet...

Harriet, want me to take pictures? I can try. I think the HW setting is perfect with the pink pave and rose gold... Totally unique.

What''s the verdict?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 10:24:09 AM
Author: Nicrez
By the way, that stone is AMAZING. We had the chance to meet...

Harriet, want me to take pictures? I can try. I think the HW setting is perfect with the pink pave and rose gold... Totally unique.

What''s the verdict?
Of course I want you to take pictures!

I haven''t seen the pink melee yet. I need to make sure it''s of the same tone (see, aren''t you proud of me?). I''m thinking of setting this stone without the halo, because I''d like to halo a different cushion which will probably have to been custom-cut.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
So are we thinking split shank? I have a very delicate pave design for a stunning split shank! Same Swiss designer who made that ruby ring ... By the way it was $235K not $150. My bad.
39.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 5:14:54 PM
Author: Nicrez
So are we thinking split shank? I have a very delicate pave design for a stunning split shank! Same Swiss designer who made that ruby ring ... By the way it was $235K not $150. My bad.
39.gif
Haha! Not that it was ever under consideration. Ooh, I''d love to see the design!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results