shape
carat
color
clarity

mint garnet

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I coveted this for several months, and finally bit the bullet when I came into some unexpected cash. 1.9 ct, 6.45 mm, cut by Peter Torraca. I love it. :D

I only seem to be able to post one picture so far. I'll keep trying to post a couple of others.

IMG_0529.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely blue green mint! What are your plans for this garnet?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Chrono. :) Would it be boring to say halo ring in white gold?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, whatever floats your boat. I know TL will be happy to hear of another diamond halo. :lol:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I thought it might be a good way to protect the stone a little bit. I'm also open to suggestions, though. :)) If anyone wants to post pics of their step cut stones set, or link me to some nice ones, I'm all eyes. 8)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone. :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1330541546|3137480 said:
Hey, whatever floats your boat. I know TL will be happy to hear of another diamond halo. :lol:

I would be even happier if it was rose gold!! :naughty:

Beautiful stone!!! More pics.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone! Love the color!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful cutting and the colour is stunning! On my monitor it seems outdoors its Caribbean Sea blue, and indoors, looks fresh spring mint green - Love IT!!! :love:

A halo would be a nice choice. What about also thinking about an antique setting? Or using double "claw" prongs (its my prong fetish - it surfaces out when ever it can!)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, rose gold (at least in part?) might be an option.

Enerchi, do mean an actual antique setting, or antique-inspired? I would totally consider either. My original e-ring was my grandma's (who got married in the 1930s), so this as a RHR would match nicely if I went with that era. I like the idea of double claw prongs, too!

I just can't seem to upload any of the other photos. I did exactly the same thing with them as I did with these two pics, but when I click on "attach file", it just brings me to a blank screen. Argh.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I'm absolutely in love with that! Yum yum & drool. It's beautiful -- color is delicious & the cut is tdf. I vote for rose gold to bring out that lovely lovely minty goodness.

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the idea of the baguettes as they are now all step cuts; it will help with the flow of the design somewhat.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
THats a lovely stone. I d like to see a close up.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Great stone and cutting!!! Color is wonderful

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB said:
Thanks, JewelFreak!

Perhaps something like this:

http://www.london-victorian-ring.com/3571rtw-aquamarine-engagement-ring.htm

Or this, but with double claw prongs instead (the baguette idea was Athenaworth's): http://www.london-victorian-ring.com/3612aqrtw-aquamarinering.htm

Ooo I love it! I must own a green garnet someday! I like both of these options better than a white gold halo. I also love step-cuts in simple bezel solitaires. Here is a link to my asscher peridot in one:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gary-braun-asscher-peridot-in-a-jkt-double-bezel.166227/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gary-braun-asscher-peridot-in-a-jkt-double-bezel.166227/[/URL]

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, good point about the step cuts and the flow.

VL, I just can't seem to post any more of the pictures I have. I will try taking some more and go from there, though I've read in a couple of other threads that people have been having some trouble uploading pics as well.

Thanks, Barrett!

stargurl, your ring is gorgeous! I am now leaning away from a halo, actually. A bezel might be an idea to protect it. But I also like the antique look of the other option. This is the problem with setting stones. Making a decision and committing! :) Though I have some time, while I raise the funds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1330614691|3138263 said:
Chrono, good point about the step cuts and the flow.

VL, I just can't seem to post any more of the pictures I have. I will try taking some more and go from there, though I've read in a couple of other threads that people have been having some trouble uploading pics as well.

Thanks, Barrett!

stargurl, your ring is gorgeous! I am now leaning away from a halo, actually. A bezel might be an idea to protect it. But I also like the antique look of the other option. This is the problem with setting stones. Making a decision and committing! :) Though I have some time, while I raise the funds.

Be careful with bezels, they're very hard for some jewelers to do properly, and they tend to cover up too much of the face of the stone. Garnets are pretty durable. I wear my minty almost every day, and it hardly has any wear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results