shape
carat
color
clarity

McClelland's Sapphire and Rose cut Flora Diamond Ring

joebox

Rough_Rock
This is a thing of beauty! Any one guess how much it costs? Probably way out of my price range, but do you think that it could be replicated by someone else on the forums? These guys are definitely master craftsmen and artisans. Hats off!

http://mc2jewels.com/

Image.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! What a beauty! Super beautiful! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just stunning.

cheers--Sharon

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I think their settings are around 8000 to 10,000

Pricey but amazing! Some of my favorites ever

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't do a lot of posting, but thats just beautiful.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That ring is one of my favorites on earth in the various forms MC2 offers. $8K to 10K, huh, Petrock? Guess that takes it out of my budget. I was really hoping to use that setting in yg or rg someday....not in this life!

--- Laurie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
quality stone + super excellent design + super excellent workmanship = big price tag......and deservedly so. its a work of art.

MoZo

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1296297616|2836425 said:
That ring is one of my favorites on earth in the various forms MC2 offers. $8K to 10K, huh, Petrock? Guess that takes it out of my budget. I was really hoping to use that setting in yg or rg someday....not in this life!

--- Laurie

Well I was quoted 8 G's for a simpler yellow gold/ plat or white gold (not sure) setting with just a few tiny diamonds. I would imagine this would be more since it has bigger accent stones. Yeeeeouch! If I had it, I would spend it on their settings though. Perfection! :love:

diva rose

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous - I love it. Thanks for sharing.
I never heard of them before now I'm addicted. :D

skingsland

Shiny_Rock
joebox|1296119471|2834446 said:
This is a thing of beauty! Any one guess how much it costs? Probably way out of my price range, but do you think that it could be replicated by someone else on the forums? These guys are definitely master craftsmen and artisans. Hats off!
(just saw your question, figured I'd chime in even though it's months later)

About $10,000-12,000, including mounting, assuming you supply the center stone. That's as of 12/3/2010. If you want them to source the center stone... you are probably looking at one expensive ring. :)

Stats (from MC2):
Plat Cushion Sapphire Rose Cut Flora Ring
1 Cushion Sapphire 5.72ct
10 Rose Cut Diamonds 0.65ct.tw

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I would say that at 8-10k it is better to get the real thing from Mc2 than to put oneself through the ordeal of getting someone else to make something like it, dealing with the compromises, the disappointments and the wasted time, only to have, at the end of the day, a second rate knock off. It is like wanting a Lotus but settling for a Fiero.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's not a bad price, really, considering you get their quality work & exquisite design. I'm surprised. Gold has gone up so fast this year, it's probably somewhat more, but if I could raid the old 401K, I'd get in line, center stone in my hot little hand. Thanks for the info, SteveNeedsARing.

--- Laurie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a pretty setting, but I don't think it looks like it should be worth $10K. I've seen more intricate, and more beautiful (IMHO) handmade settings for less. I supposed my opinion is in the minority, but I just don't understand the fascination with that setting. :confused: Maybe I need to see it in person???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're looking to recreate something similar, this jeweler handcrafts very dimensional and organic pieces, and even talks about their art form. I know they made a drop dead gorgeous ring for a PS'er here (Kelpie). They are also very reasonably priced.

http://huntcountry.com/HCJ/HCJHome.jsp

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Did you click through to the site? Under "The Lighter Side" there are some hilarious pieces! :lol:

I love the dinosaur pin (no trans fats) and love the mailbox pin! :love:

CHECK OUT their lovelies, this is some great stuff!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just curious, but is it so expensive because the leaves are hard to make and/or it's a copyrighted design? I mean, it is very pretty, and I was looking at their site. I really love the larger versions of this piece with the leaves all around the stone, and in frosted gold. I think those are real statement pieces. I'm just not going "ga ga" over the one at the top of this thread, although again, it is pretty, but $10K???.

Here's another handmade ring, a very different design, but from a prominent jeweler, and I actually think it's very fairly priced. It's not in the same style, and more Art Deco, but the whole ring, with the center stone, is actually to me, a very good price for that large aqua/color, and the quality of the platinum setting.

http://www.raymondcyard.com/raymond/shop/pages/jewelry_shop4.asp

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having seen a version of a Flora in person and on my hand no less, :love: For those who have a hankering, do go see their place in NY Or the Berkshires.

These are not for the value conscious consumer, but I would consider them every bit worth it because each piece is truly a work of art on your body and will get plenty of notice. I was :love: Its everything I could have imagined wanting.... organic, delicate, just downright exquisite!! (and LUXE!!) they had some of the loveliest yellow gold pieces I've ever seen, and I generally am not too drawn to yellow gold much. I don't know what process they use but I really like it. I blame/thank Harriet :tongue:

My husband complained about the trip originally (a 2 hour drive from our house) but he perked up. (Besides, we drove back through Springfield where he could stop off at S&W for a 'new piece of equipment' :rolleyes: .) After seeing a Flora ring he agreed that it was lovely but still said they were too busy for his taste. He said for year 20 I can have whatever I wanted and he would poke his nose out of it (I'm SO holding him to that!!)

They can also commission your piece, just like any other custom jeweler.

TL, they are hand made at every step, and certainly I found their pieces aside from the flora to be distinctive to their particular style.. They're also located in the Berkshires, so well, you know... I've only seen one in a store around here but it was in their estate jewelry section.

Harriet, I know you're working with them, so can't wait to see what you come up with.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1304268298|2909184 said:
TL, they are hand made at every step, and certainly I found their pieces aside from the flora to be distinctive to their particular style.. They're also located in the Berkshires, so well, you know... I've only seen one in a store around here but it was in their estate jewelry section.

Thanks A!

I guess it does need to be seen in person. Are they made with the wax cast process or some other way? Just curious. I would like to be educated. :bigsmile:

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like we have should have a sticky that's like:
This is how much MC2 rings are. No, you can't afford them. But they are totally worth it. Sorry! Lots of other great jewelers to work with. Read more on our helpful forum! Please, however, be realistic about your expectations and don't be a lame-o copycat. Good luck, tasteful soul!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results