shape
carat
color
clarity

Marquise Blue Spinel

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a search and couldn't find any marquise cut spinels on PS. I am so fixated on marquise for some reason...LOVE THEM. Anywho, Im so excited, i wanted to share. I fell in love with a 14k white gold bypass ring that has a marquise sapphire (probably synthetic.) So I decided to find a marquise cut medium blue spinel to replace it. I went with this particular spinel because it has a video as well as photos. I see the gray and don't mind it at all. It also has a window, i hope the setting will close it a bit...we will see. It seems to be well cut but we will see...

Here is link to video and photo attached.

http://www.gemselect.com/spinel/spinel-349317.php

_20350.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thats beautiful! I love marquise stones! How do you plan on setting it? do you have a picture of the setting you wanna use?

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1405649259|3715501 said:
thats beautiful! I love marquise stones! How do you plan on setting it? do you have a picture of the setting you wanna use?

Thank you Neil and Innerkitten!!!

Yes Neil I have a photo of the setting :))

_20352.jpg

__12_4_.jpg

__12_8_.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also purchased the BGL Lab report (Burapha Gemological Laboratory) to identify if spinel is natural or treated or enhanced.
Peace of mind.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Zesty! I'm so excited that you have another project! It's gonna look great.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
In the video the window looks like it should close up when you wear the ring. Enjoy!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you did your homework; you learned about what you like/dislike, then purchased the marquise as an informed decision. Congrats on what looks to be a potentially good spinel. I hope you'll be delighted when you see it in person. On a side note, I never realized GemSelect does videos too.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate your encouraging comments ladie.

AthenaWorth -Thank you girl. Yes...another project. I had to wipe the cobwebs off my CS senses. It's been a while. lol

Freke-Thank you. Your marquise spinel was very unique with the very soft lavender color and no widow. I'd miss it to. If this blue spinel looks good in person, because of the shape rarity, it will probably be a keeper for me.

jewelfreak- Thanks a bunch! Thats what i noticed in the video, that the window wasn't enormous so should close in setting. I sure hope so.

loverskites- Thank you. I will definite show vendor vs real photo comparison.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1405683318|3715731 said:
Sounds like you did your homework; you learned about what you like/dislike, then purchased the marquise as an informed decision. Congrats on what looks to be a potentially good spinel. I hope you'll be delighted when you see it in person. On a side note, I never realized GemSelect does videos too.

Thank you Chrono. Yes, it took me awhile. After thorough research on CS, I finally know what appeals to me. I hope its well cut and looks good in all lighting (something i learned from TL ;)) ).
And on the videos; I didn't know either. In fact, I was surprised. Finding good faceted stones with minimal window is challenging on GemSelect.com. Like finding a diamond in the rough. So the video on stone is was a definite plus.

On a Side... SidE... SIDE note; YOUR blue/purple spinel is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G :love: :dance: What a find!!!! The ERD setting is absolutely breathtaking!!!! That setting accentuates the stone so well!!!! You have such a Beautiful collection of Colored Stones!!!

_20372.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the marquise quicker than expected...

In sunlight she is violet-blue and indoors she is a grape-ish purple color. She has lots of dispersion in sunlight. I see flashes of pinkish-red, blue, green and yellow when it sparkles in the sun. Despite the window, she is a nicely cut marquise imo. The setting will close the window a bit as i expected. So shes a keeper.

imag1531.jpg

imag1521.jpg

imag1511.jpg

imag1460.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do want to add, I did a search on PS and came accross some posts of GemSelect vendor and real life photos. The gems of PS posters were darker in comparison. GemSelect must use a flash of some kind, to take photos of there gems. So I did expect the spinel to be darker than there photo. I printed the spinel on my color printer. The color print showed a more grape-ish purple. Which to me is exactly the color it is. :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very good price. I think the spinel will appreciate a partially open setting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you had realistic expectations for this gem, and did your homework, searching trough the threads on spinels. I'm glad it exceeded your expectations and it will look very nice in your setting. :))

Very pretty spinel.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate your comments Chrono. :))

TL- Thank you so much for your kind words!!! :D

I have some photos of her in the sunlight (my other camera). She is more blue in the sun.

imag1549.jpg

imag1566.jpg

imag1548.jpg

imag1544.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I believe most purple or violet spinels have a color shift quality, looking more blue in the sun, and more violet indoors.

Enjoy!!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FrekeChild|1405659505|3715617 said:
They are pretty rare! I had one and sold it because I couldn't really come up with a way I wanted to set it, but I still think about it because they just aren't out there!

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/pink-slash-lavender-marquise-spinel

Congratulations on your new stone! I hope you love it in person too!

The spinel misses you too and sends it love. It is happy here, though, even though it hasn't been set yet. I keep waffling back and forth about sidestones, colour combinations, etc. Yes, I have a problem.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1406142157|3719262 said:
Yes, I believe most purple or violet spinels have a color shift quality, looking more blue in the sun, and more violet indoors.

Enjoy!!!

Oh TL!!!! I am so enjoying this little gem!!! I LOVE her color shift personality!!!! Me Like-EEE!!!

See is off to the jewelers being set... i will miss her.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1406143207|3719271 said:
FrekeChild|1405659505|3715617 said:
They are pretty rare! I had one and sold it because I couldn't really come up with a way I wanted to set it, but I still think about it because they just aren't out there!

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/pink-slash-lavender-marquise-spinel

Congratulations on your new stone! I hope you love it in person too!

The spinel misses you too and sends it love. It is happy here, though, even though it hasn't been set yet. I keep waffling back and forth about sidestones, colour combinations, etc. Yes, I have a problem.

LadyDisdain,Your post cracked me up. lol. Your marquise has wonderful color! .... I take your problem and raise you one :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results