shape
carat
color
clarity

Mahenge Spinel Pear, Emerald Ring & Purple/pink Spinel

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I don't post too often, but I'm an avid reader of this forum... I love it here, and can spend HOURS looking through photos of all the beautiful gemstones you've purchased and completed "projects". Recently, I've had a few projects completed that I'm very excited about, so I couldn't resist posting something myself. :D Bear with me though, I'm a lousy photographer....and these were all taken with a cell phone.

The first photos are of a Mahenge spinel pear that my mother purchased for me set into a custom halo from DanielM. I'm so thrilled with this ring - its my very first Mahenge, but that my mother presented it to me as a Christmas gift gives it great sentimental value too.

Next is a purple/pink cushion spinel, set into another halo by DanielM. The gems is primarily purple, but has some beautiful rosy pink flashes. It's cut rather deep and has some inclusions, but I actually LIKE them. You can gaze down into the gemstone when you're out in the sunlight and see some really neat, bright pink inclusions. The first photos were from DanielM's estsy site - the others were taken by me with a cell phone in low lighting.

Lastly, an emerald ring my husband gave me this Valentine's Day. This one was very difficult to photograph... No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't really capture the bright, ligher green colors that can be seen in real life.

pear spinel slanted.jpg

pearspinel1.jpg

pearspinel2.jpg

purple spinel dm.jpg

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Coco914 :wavey:

What lovely rings and gems; I really love the emerald and the elongated or European pear; what a unique gem and you really capitalized on its shape and such a vivid gem. Love the purple-pink spinel as well; your family loves you a lot and that is so wonderful; do not feel bad as i struggle with photographing gems all the time as they can be so temperamental with all the facets wanting their time in the spotlight :)
The emerald is a bear to photo and you did a fine job... Such nice diamonds on their as well; you did all the gems justice :appl:

Congrats on a very fine collection...

Most Respectfully;

Dana

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! It's true the elongated shape is really cool, and omg the emerald is amazing. I like the rich color on the spinel too. Great how they are all so different.

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much, Dana! The pear spinel and the emerald are favorites of mine, I'm a sucker for sentimentality!

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Interkitten! The spinel is more vivid in person... and the emerald more glowy looking... but they're my two most recent rings and I love them both, so I thought I'd share even if the photos were kinda blah.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What beautiful rings Coco! :love: I'm very sentimental as well, so I agree - I'd love those 2 rings even more because of who gave them to me :halo:
Not to say that gorgeous spinel is not to love!!!! They are all gorgeous! Enjoy - and they look wonderful on your hand :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! All rings have such presence--enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! I LOVE the pear Mahenge, reminds me of mine!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on all of your new rings, they are very pretty and the fact that two of them were gifts make it even better..... :appl: :appl:

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all you kind comments!

Bright Ice - I absolutely LOVE your mahenge pear, it's simply to die for. I've drooled over it for some time...so glad you find mine pretty, even though it's not the big bling that yours is. :D

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! The mahenge stole my heart.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All three are beautiful. But the mahenge is close to a design I'm currently daydreaming about, so I can't take my eyes off it :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results