shape
carat
color
clarity

lots and lots of cushions(y'all miss me??? lol)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi y'all! I've been plenty busy but wanted to share a few lovelies.

Jim Renfrow cut me a very lovely rubelite tourmaline not long ago. once I recieved it, of course I was gonna keep it! Its very lovely and he's got a great cutting style as well. He's really easy to work with and keeps communication open. I dare say I'm going to be getting a few more of his stones in the future.

Like many rubes it does change color in just about every light imaginable. In some lights the color change can be drastic (incandescent light it turns pretty orange) and lets face it, thats just a fact of life. I'm not at all disappointed by that, most of my stones change colors anyway. But the colorshift as far as being in the setting I have, its not what I want. I AM however looking at doing a yellow 18K pendant instead because I think that it would work better for how the color tends to change.

Stone size is 7x7 square cushion. There's also a few other stones in there that are kinda new :Up_to_something:. I really haven't had time to set anything because I'm working like a dog and traveling (well now that I have a eye infection I got all the time in the world..ugh :nono: )

The setting is one I've had for a while and wanted a red stone to go in it . I think I'm going to probably go with a spinel instead so because the colorshift just dosen't look that good in the white gold to me.

Here's the stones this morning, I think it was around 10:30 or so.

Taken inside, in the setting. I really LOVE how it looks here :love:

Taken in Sunlight. It does kind of black out in direct sunlight. I froze my tail off to get that pic.

Will post more in a bit.

-A

P1030796.jpg

P1030806.jpg

P1030817.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I had to do some packing and stuff because I'm heading out to yet another job on Sunday. anyway I took somemore pictures around 4pm or so.

This is outside no sun

On hand in setting I really LOVE this look (I wish it would stay this color all the time!!) :love:

And here's an inside pic under incandescent light. (granted this is NOT a great light but it turns orangeish to really orange no matter the incandescent bulb)

but I still like it no matter the color.

The stone is really amazing, and I love how well cut it is. I think I may be turning into a precision cut junkie. :shock: :lol:

-A

P1030832.jpg

P1030849.jpg

P1030853.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Yes You were missed! and you've been holding out on us. look at all those lovely stones. It's been so long they all need introductions. IT's lovely to see you back here. wishing you a speedy recovery of that eye.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Back Arcadian! We missed you!

Those are some lovelies!!!! :love:

I love the rube in all it's color shiftiness! My eye went to that lovely yellow stone too. Mind expounding on that one? :D

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah Arc! Great to see you back!

Ok now where are the stats on your new lovelies? You're a bad PS'er!!! You tantalise with photos and then don't share stats! :errrr:

Sorry about the Rubellite not holding its colour. It drives me bonkers when that happens. Don't give up if you're going to try again. It is possible to find one that stays the same (like the photo you love) in all lights.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That is a lot of cushiony deliciousness! I love the rubellite, even when it's orangey. Funny how some stones are lauded for their color shifting and yet everyone looks for a color stable tourm.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Hi Arc, great to see you posting, you sphene enabler! :wavey:

Love your new cushions, I really like the pink one in the middle, hope you'll post the stats later on.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1295133741|2823832 said:
Welcome Back Arcadian! We missed you!

Those are some lovelies!!!! :love:

I love the rube in all it's color shiftiness! My eye went to that lovely yellow stone too. Mind expounding on that one? :D

Hi ! Yes, the yellow one!!!!
Of course they are all lovely! :love: :love: :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Arcadian I did miss you! And I see you've been holding out on us...

(I'm with you on the yg--I think that orange shift would be fab with it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow stone is a 6mm sphene. its ubber nice, tends to shimmer and glow more than anything (incandescent light turns it into a disco ball) Its one of the few that I have where the body color stays yellow and dosen't turn greenish. I doubt I will ever set it (I shouldn't say that huh..lol)

The green thing is a tsavorite. Its a decent size, nearly 7mm.
The pink is a stone I purchased from litnon and never set. I know I know, shame on me. Its such a great stone and was quite inexpensive. Its afgan material.
that bluish green one is the one I purchased from Swala. That stone is love :love:
On the plate next; I have a lovely red Luc Yen spinel thats on its way to me being cut for me for different setting. Its also a square cushion.

Feb/March are going to be slower months for me so I'll be able to stay home and set some of this stuff!

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1295186914|2824165 said:
The yellow stone is a 6mm sphene. its ubber nice, tends to shimmer and glow more than anything (incandescent light turns it into a disco ball) Its one of the few that I have where the body color stays yellow and dosen't turn greenish. I doubt I will ever set it (I shouldn't say that huh..lol)

The green thing is a tsavorite. Its a decent size, nearly 7mm.
The pink is a stone I purchased from litnon and never set. I know I know, shame on me. Its such a great stone and was quite inexpensive. Its afgan material.
that bluish green one is the one I purchased from Swala. That stone is love :love:
On the plate next; I have a lovely red Luc Yen spinel thats on its way to me being cut for me for different setting. Its also a square cushion.

Feb/March are going to be slower months for me so I'll be able to stay home and set some of this stuff!

-A

Technical term? :bigsmile: :lol: :bigsmile:

I will be seriously unhappy with you Arc if you don't share piccies of the Luc Yen Spinel. Any chance of seeing the vendor's pic?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arc, it's good to see you! I love square cushions and I wanted to thank you for bringing such lovely pics/gemmies with you! Can't wait to see the spinel that's on it's way to you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Arc!!

I certainly did miss you! I thought you gave up on buying gems for a while, but I see you have been rathery busy!! Thanks for sharing all your new pretties with us, and hope to see more of you here. I do enjoy your threads.

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks for your kind words, Arcadian. It was a pleasure working with you on this project. You have some beautiful cushions in your collection

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Arc. It’s great to have to back and of course, more pics of your newest acquisitions are always welcome. I see that you are terribly partial to cushions? With the way they are lined up, they look perfect for a graduated bracelet or necklace. :devil:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stones, each and every one of them. Can't wait to see how you have them set.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones! And of course it's good to see you back.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all :appl: I'm being naughty and logging on at work :shock: I've certainly slowed down buying stones but I haven't totally stopped. I think taking the step back helped my perspective, plus, I'm being a heck of a lot pickier too.

Lauren, it was you that got me into the whole cushion thing really. :tongue:

Kismet, we're going to have to get together one of these days.

-A

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmmmmm.
What a :love: collection!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kenny? Did you buy that crazy blue diamond? I swear Imma have to come to your place to visit your stones :tongue:

LD, I would REALLY rather not post the vendor pic just yet. I will when I get the stone for sure though. I did speak with them at great length prior to the purchase and though the stone wasn't mega cheap, it wasn't out of budget either. They accepted a best offer on it, and as long as the cut is good and not wonky, I think it will work. But, its going to be kinda on the small side KWIM?? I'm spoiled :nono:

My next stone may be a bigger star sapphire. I'm looking pretty heavily into them. I need to stop though :shock: what the heck am I going to put it in :shock: :shock: . I've been looking at them a lot (I can't afford the star ruby I want so well there you go...lol)

I've really missed you guys. Once I have my dacryocystitis surgery Feb 14 I'll probably be around a bit since I won't be able to travel much for a while afterwards.

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results