shape
carat
color
clarity

Loose emerald purchase - would love opinions

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I have just won a loose emerald through an online auction site here in Australia. I put in my bid and forgot to watch it! Luckily I won it and whilst it's not perfect I thought it was ok.....

I know nothing about emeralds except that I love them. I'm hoping for some info/advise/opinions on this stone and perhaps a rough value?

_19210.jpg

_19211.jpg

_19212.jpg

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
2 ct can easily range up to tens of thousand for high clarity, minimal treatment, desired color, we are talking about something that is pure green with a touch towards bluish green.
I can only say from the picture your emerald is light compared to ideal color, moderately included, the brilliance is not there, while unable to tell what kind of treatment that is present.

http://www.ajsgem.com/beryl/emerald/emerald-1.85-carats.html

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much. Apparently it's had no treatment and is colombian.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a very poor stone in color and clarity, and it probably has strong enhancement. I wouldn't spend too much on it. It also has a black spot in it, and those highly devalue emeralds.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I won it for $60 hehe so I suppose I got what I paid for. Ill probably just keep it to look at and search properly for a lovely green emerald. Id love to know where online is a great and reputable place to buy loose emeralds. Im in Australia but happy to look overseas.

Appreciate everyones input

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Even if it's highly treated/included/whatever, for $60 it should just be a fun stone to play with. =) Sorry I don't have any good leads on emeralds though, hopefully someone else can point you in the right direction!

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
treasurehunter is always straight and to the point. For 60$ emerald, you cannot go wrong.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I think $60 dollars is a decent price for that emerald. I personally like the colour =)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. Treasurehunter I'd love your Aussie lead

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please remove your email as soon as possible, both for your safety and privacy and also because it is against forum rules. It is fine to post vendors' email, telephone and address since that is public knowledge.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely emerald! I like the color.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hohhot I just came back online and didn't realise re posting my email. I ever it's been removed, thank you :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results