shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking For The Best Deal On A Multi-Colored Topaz.

ILoveGems14

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for the best deal on a multi-colored Topaz.
(Budget = $450.00)

Thanks,
ILoveGems14

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummm...Are you talking about the coated mystic topaz which is multi-coloured?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts too, that you are referring to clear topaz which is coated with metal, (usually) titanium . Be aware that this can be scratched quite easily. It's very inexpensive, certainly if set in silver ($100-ish depending on design) and isn't usually bought loose for setting. It would be unlikely for any of the vendors listed in the sticky at the top of this forum to carry any. Your best bet might be to Google "mystic topaz rings" or pendants or whatever.

ETA: Just to clarify: because the coating can be scratched and therefore eventually spoil the look of rings, pendants or earrings are safer from a long term point of view.

Some further information here, scroll down to the images at the bottom-
http://www.minerals.net/gemstone/topaz_gemstone.aspx

mystic-topaz-1.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a weird photoshop on that ring. The head seems to be tilted, off center and, well, just pasted on.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
cm366|1406585204|3722125 said:
Costco, definitely
I haven't seen any at Costco. They actually have some pretty nice stuff. I'm gonna go with Kmart or Walmart. Maybe a maul store?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I too, wondered if you were talking about mystik topaz or if you were hoping for a naturally multi colored one. Your budget is much to high for a piece of plastic coated, otherwise colorless topaz. There is this bi colored topaz on ajs website that I have been dying for for a year, maybe more, but it is more than either of us can spend.

http://www.ajsgem.com/gemstones/bi-color-topaz-2.72-carats.html

If you had been led to believe that the plastic coated stuff was of any value, I am sorry. If that is the case then you have found a great resource for information. If you were looking for a natural something along the lines of what I have posted, we may be able to help you still.

Amguy where are you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results