shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for blue sapphire as 'heirloom'

LadyNewton

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I am looking for a quality blue sapphire that i can pass to my daughters eventually as an 'heirloom' piece :)

I don't know if i can afford the size and specs, and i know there is still the setting to be factored in, and i am thinking of platinum since its a quality piece. But these are my dream specs, hoping to get sthg that is of reasonable value :)

- between 3.5c-5c.
- blue, or blue with violet tinge
- untreated, unheated, with int'l cert such as AGS, GRS etc.
- sparkly, with no dark zones, areas of extinction, windows, and no obvious inclusions (those that are slight and can be concealed are ok)

i would also like to hear comments about this particular stone that i am eyeing. i liked the silk initially, but now wonder if it is too much? after looking at other sapphires which are more sparkly, i also wonder if this looks kinda sleepy? i want a really bright 'glowy' type.

i recently bought a 3.6c sapphire ring for my mom and it looked beautiful in the showroom with the bright fluorescent lights and all, but later, i discovered it didn't reflect light very well and indeed looked kinda black at certain angles, so i don't want to repeat the same mistake!

Thanks everyone!

_21993.jpg

_21994.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's first start off with sapphires that are your holy grail; doesn't matter if it's already sold, you don't know who owns it, etc. Just post pictures of those that make you go weak in the knees every time you look at it.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
LadyNewton
You didn't answer Chrono's questions which meant we didn't have your ideal colour to compare. Which is probably why no more responses were posted. You had already noted this stone was sleepy and you were disappointed with a previous purchase.

I note that stone is now marked sold, did you buy it? How do you find it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any updates, Lady N?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results