shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a untreated colored stone

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hello :wavey:
I have a six prong hand forged setting in rose gold that fit a 7.6-7.8 mm diamond. The setting was costly so I would like to reuse it for a round colored stone. I would like it for daily wear so it have to be a durable stone. Also,I would like an untreated stone. Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate. Another option would be to have a new basket made for the setting if need be. Thank you!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a budget in mind?

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi FrekeChild!

Oops! That would be helpful. I would like to keep the cost around 2k. Thank you!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mochiko :|
The setting is rose gold, I like yellow (my wedding color) but that would be better suited for yellow gold. I like blues because I have two sons, I do love pink red but no significance to the color. I also really like the glow of the mint green vanadium chrysoberyl. Thank you!

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you NKOTB for the recommendation! Seems like I should be looking at Spinels and Sapphires.

VirginiaZee, thank you for posting! Yes please no grey or brown. I love saturation!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't exclude chrysoberyl.

Inexpensive, durable, untreated, and in a green tone can look lovely in rose gold.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Here is a yellow sapphire in the right size, in your budget
http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_montana.html

However, I'm not sure if you would like how a yellow stone would look next to rose gold:

A bluish-green or greenish-blue Montana sapphire would look exquisite with rose gold, and it would be a durable stone for everyday wear, but I don't see the right color in the right size. (That same page I linked to before has these stones.)

One of my favorite rose gold rings features a vanadium chysoberyl. It has a blueish green hue that looks fantastic with rose gold, and chysoberyls are durable and sparkly. The main issue is that they are hard to find. This is KIsmet's ring:

sapphire_montana_421.jpg

ps_kizmet-vanadiumchrysring1.jpg

diamond_mansion.jpg

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Pregcurious,
That sapphire would have been perfect if it had not been heated! Yes, yellow gold is best for yellow gold and white:(. The color was my wedding color so I love it. I may not be able to find a stone to fit the setting because it seems difficult finding a stone without restrictions.

Thank you for the spinel recommendations, I think pink maybe be my last choice for color, maybe if I had a daughter but I can't find significance to pink, although I like the color.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, for a 7 mm+ yellow stone, within a $2K budget, I would ask a lapidary if they can cut you a yellow chrysoberyl. They are usually untreated.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with a chrysoberyl then; they are greenish yellow and most look great in rose gold, are durable for 24/7 wear and are generally untreated. It is also very sparkly and very doable with your budget.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1405080622|3711299 said:
by Fancygems » 09 Jul 2014 20:43
http://wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/10985/16455 modifier? Recommendations are welcome and appreciated as well TIA

-----------

If you like THIS colour try to get a CHRYSOBERYL!!!!

You will save a lot of money

Gemline, Multicolorgems, DJraregems .....

I was thinking more a color along the lines of this . Would pair well with rose gold I think something with green in it. I might try Richard Homer if you like concave cuts. He often has very nice chartreuse chrysoberyl

imag0372_1_1.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Fancygems|1404960180|3710201 said:
http://wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/10985/16455 modifier? Recommendations are welcome and appreciated as well TIA

The color is unevenly distributed. The ends are darker than the middle of the oval.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
For a round chrysoberyl of that size and good colour, you should contact some vendors and see what they have. If nothing fits your needs, you could always contact a lapidary to get one cut for you.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thank you so much, is the bow tie in the chrysoberyl acceptable? Great size I would have the basket redone. It is yellow. Will the color be okay in RG? Thoughts on The color Blue in rose gold ?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancygems|1405126511|3711685 said:
Wow! Thank you so much, is the bow tie in the chrysoberyl acceptable? Great size I would have the basket redone. It is yellow. Will the color be okay in RG? Thoughts on The color Blue in rose gold ?

Iwoudnt get yellow for rose gold. I'd get a green. Green and rose gold looks nice together.

If you're going to redo the basket take a look at some of these.

http://www.concavegems.com/detail.cfm?zNum=6148

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
The color seems somewhere between yellow and green. The round looks more splintery? Would I be better off with a blue spinel or a green sapphire? These are the most durable and wouldn't have yellow (too bad yellow is not a good match w/RG) if I can't do yellow maybe I should do green instead of a mixture like I'm seeing in the chrysoberyl? Thank you for all of your suggestions.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancygems|1405130128|3711727 said:
The color seems somewhere between yellow and green. The round looks more splintery? Would I be better off with a blue spinel or a green sapphire? These are the most durable and wouldn't have yellow (too bad yellow is not a good match w/RG) if I can't do yellow maybe I should do green instead of a mixture like I'm seeing in the chrysoberyl? Thank you for all of your suggestions.
You're right it is more splintery. He also cuts more normal type stones. All you'd have to do it email and ask. See if he has any more rough.

A chrysoberyl is actually harder than spinel.

You're right though it is a yellow of a green, compared to a blue green. Chartreuse I'd say. You of course don't have to have it, I just tink for your price and size you really could get top quality chryso, compared to sapphire or even spinel depending on color.

Take a look at this. Note Lula's round on the first page. That's from Richard homer.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-chrysoberyls.202304/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-chrysoberyls.202304/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results