carat
color
clarity

Looking for a purple-blue 7mm round spinel

lele88

Rough_Rock
Niel|1448139509|3952553 said:
lele88|1448138831|3952549 said:
Okay every one I stepped out on my own today, and I wanted to share with those still interested a stone I found. 5ct Sapphire There calling it periwinkle blue... the top photo is in direct sunlight hence the glare the second in outdoors and shading it with my hand. For the size and color is 1800 a reasonable price? The vendor says he has more that are smaller, he will be in contact with me over the next few weeks.

Is it sleepy?
Do you like it?
Does it come with a certificate showing what kind of treatment it has?

For what it's worth the second photo looks lovely, and its so big!

Did you hear about that pearmans one?

I do not know if it is sleepy, not exactly sure what that means, It did have brilliance that I did not quite capture in photo. Some of the color may be a reflection of my (purple) phone case.

I really like the color the cut looked good to me (not being an expert) there was no window, and from what I could tell no extinction. I forgot to ask about the important details. So I do not know if it was treated or not :doh: It is a lot bigger than I have been looking at, and at that price point... I might have to go with a lesser setting, way lesser... I am hoping the other stones he has will be a little more in the budget.

I did not inquire further about the pearlmans stone, It is still available. I have been stalking it to make sure I have been in and out of bed rest with this sinus infection :rolleyes:

Tell me, honest opinion, do you think the budget of 800 is reasonable for a good quality gemstone, or am I a bit delusional?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lele88|1448142226|3952568 said:
Okay every one I stepped out on my own today, and I wanted to share with those still interested a stone I found. 5ct Sapphire There calling it periwinkle blue... the top photo is in direct sunlight hence the glare the second in outdoors and shading it with my hand. For the size and color is 1800 a reasonable price? The vendor says he has more that are smaller, he will be in contact with me over the next few weeks.

Is it sleepy?
Do you like it?

I do not know if it is sleepy, not exactly sure what that means, It did have brilliance that I did not quite capture in photo. Some of the color may be a reflection of my (purple) phone case.

I really like the color the cut looked good to me (not being an expert) there was no window, and from what I could tell no extinction. I forgot to ask about the important details. So I do not know if it was treated or not :doh: It is a lot bigger than I have been looking at, and at that price point... I might have to go with a lesser setting, way lesser... I am hoping the other stones he has will be a little more in the budget.

I did not inquire further about the pearlmans stone, It is still available. I have been stalking it to make sure I have been in and out of bed rest with this sinus infection :rolleyes:

Tell me, honest opinion, do you think the budget of 800 is reasonable for a good quality gemstone, or am I a bit delusional?

Well I can't comment about if its over priced or not until we know the treatment.

As for your budget, the Pearlman one is in your budget, which is why I keep going back to it.

For a spinel, no, I don't think you can find something you love for 800 ish

The other option is to wait for MasterCutGems to have their sale next week, see if they have anything that strikes your fancy.

What's your opinion of the spinels that are on the grey side?

lele88

Rough_Rock
Niel|1448145873|3952586 said:
lele88|1448142226|3952568 said:

Is it sleepy?
Do you like it?

Well I can't comment about if its over priced or not until we know the treatment.

As for your budget, the Pearlman one is in your budget, which is why I keep going back to it.

For a spinel, no, I don't think you can find something you love for 800 ish

The other option is to wait for MasterCutGems to have their sale next week, see if they have anything that strikes your fancy.

What's your opinion of the spinels that are on the grey side?

Fair enough! I can swing back by tomorrow to see if he has certs for the stone. And take a better look at the stone... if is still there hah.
I have been waiting on the sale. I have my eye on a stone there too.
I do not mind a bit of grey in the stone, I just do not like overly grey, one example of overly grey to my eye are the stones over at Gemcal. So far those are not my style.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just get that pearlmans one home and look at it.

You have a budget for a setting with that one.

If it doesn't make you're heart sing, then keep shopping.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1448155991|3952623 said:
Just get that pearlmans one home and look at it.
You have a budget for a setting with that one.
If it doesn't make you're heart sing, then keep shopping.

+1 to the above.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results