shape
carat
color
clarity

'lil Mt. sapphire rough

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
6.17ct, marked 8.5x8x8 vvs. Some small fractures out near the corners that may limit yield, but the center is clean as a whistle and it's a very pleasing shade of blue down the c-axis, which is how I'm hoping to have it cut. I'm slowly getting better at working the sidelight/water, telling the difference between a veil and a fracture, trying to figure out exactly *where* in or on the stone various features are located. I still have zero idea what color any of these will turn out after cutting, so that will be exciting for me to see! Is my point and click photography getting any better?

_18480.jpg

sany0003.jpg

sany0002.jpg

sany0001.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps it might be time to start having some of them cut so you know what they will look like? I say this because its really hard for non-cutters (and sometimes cutters too, for that matter) to decipher the exact tone and saturation the rough will yield. Before you collect any more, maybe it would make sense to have some cut to help you in your assessment of what you seek? (Ahem, or it could be that I'm chomping at the bit to see what they look like cut! :cheeky: )

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Send that piece of rough out already so that we can see the end result. :nono: :bigsmile:

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Yes ladies, I'll get them cut soon I promise! I spent all my cutting money on more rough, so it will be a few weeks until I can replenish.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results