shape
carat
color
clarity

lightly or moderately included

fzpanda

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers,

Just want to get your opinion on this. Do you think this is considered as a lightly , moderately , or even heavily included stone based on sapphire standards?

_422.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the actual mm size of the stone? It might be visible in a large stone, but not so in a small stone. Does it break the surface of the gem?

fzpanda

Rough_Rock
the stone measures roughly in 11*9*8 mm, ~7.5 carats. It doesn't break the surface of the gem. Picture was actually taken from the pdf version of the GIA certificate. I couldn't see these inclusions clearly based on vendor's photos.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fzpanda|1409325051|3741418 said:
the stone measures roughly in 11*9*8 mm, ~7.5 carats. It doesn't break the surface of the gem. Picture was actually taken from the pdf version of the GIA certificate. I couldn't see these inclusions clearly based on vendor's photos.

That's a very deep stone, up in the 80% range. It should be around 14 x 12 mm. You are getting a 7 ct sapphire that looks like a 4 ct sapphire.

fzpanda

Rough_Rock
I agree. The lower price also reflects the smaller face value . Based on the video. it doesn't seem to have the "dull" look of deeply cut stones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks borderline eye clean to me; I think when the light hits it right, you can see white one on the table. The dark one on the upper-left is also iffy. It would depend on the acuity of your sight. Dark ones are always more obvious than white ones. Were you able to spot them in the video with/without difficulty?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very hazy to me as well. I don't mind silk in a nice blue sapphire, but it shouldn't be too distracting either. I suppose one needs to see it in person to properly evaluate since the stone is so blown up in the photo. The inclusions are right on the crown and table too, not in a inconspicuous place.

fzpanda

Rough_Rock
that's exactly my concern too. the inclusions are too centered. I am pretty tolerant in terms of silk ,small bubbles as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks much nicer in the video.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
The video does look better colour than your picture above but I'd bear in mind Chrono's comments on the depth of that stone. I certainly wouldn't want to be paying for several carats I couldn't see.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fzpanda,
Off topic, but your moonstone in your avatar is the most beautiful moonstone I've ever seen. Is it yours? I love it. I want a nice moonstone so badly.

fzpanda

Rough_Rock
Thanks, TL. I acquired this pendant quite a few years ago. I think the center stone is approximately 35 or 37 CTs or so. I completely agree with you in todays market, it is getting more and more difficult to find good quality blue/rainbow moonstones in larger sizes.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fzpanda|1409537464|3742699 said:
Hi TL, yes, this pendant is part of my moonstone collection. I think the center stone is approximately 35 or 37 CTs or so. I completely agree with you that it is getting more and more difficult to find good quality blue/rainbow moonstones in large size.

I would kill to have a two carat one like that, and yours is HUGE!!! Thanks, absolutely beautiful stone.

. . . now back to your topic.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks nice in the video; not overly silky. Is shipping/tax going to be an issue for you if you buy it and use the review period, then return it if it's not the right stone for you? Did you ask about indoor colour shifting? Many sapphires become duller/grayer/darker indoors. Diffused sunlight, as shown in the video, is the very best possible light source for a sapphire to look its best.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1409505250|3742502 said:
Fzpanda,
Off topic, but your moonstone in your avatar is the most beautiful moonstone I've ever seen. Is it yours? I love it. I want a nice moonstone so badly.

Agreed! I can hardly focus on the topic I am so distracted by lust for that beauty... :love:

As to the sapphire - those inclusions would be too prominent for my liking but the colour is lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results