purple or green?

• rose-de-france purple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • light yellow green

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
you girls have been kind enough to find me sources of purple stones, and it's time for me to consider what I really want to do - so I'm taking votes. I had finished my ER with the idea of matching it to a seven-stone band, and then bought small 3.5mm chrysoberyls to that effect (I had initially wanted chrysos in my ER, so this was a sort of way to tie that back in).

and then in the last few days, i got the notion that I could match purple to my ER - I had also contemplated purple for my ER but it turned out too girly for me to use as a large single stone.

and now I'm confused. short of making my fiance kill me by me bugging him (he doesn't mind either - and he is amazingly receptive to my nutso color ideas), I'm asking you - which should i do?

here is my ER (with the two shades i see the most - it changes with the lighting), and a shot with my tiny chrysos. for the purple, I'm looking at a light shade seen in rose de france - I'll be looking at sapphires, so durability should be the same as my chrysos (equal playing ground :naughty: )

p1170071_0.jpg
p1170181.jpg
ring_top__3_.jpgring_top__1_.jpg

kavnadoo

Rough_Rock
Stunning engagement ring. Congrats! I personally like what you've already chosen. Good luck!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think purple may overwhelm the delicate color of your sapphire.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think Rose de France would clash too much. I'm all for unusual color combinations, but you have pale yellowish-green & I don't think that would go with pinkish-purple. The chrysos look terrific with your e-ring -- really really really like them together! I'd stick with them -- compared to what most people wear, those are striking enough!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any stones to play with to see the colour combinations?

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I like the chrysoberyls quite a bit! But I'm biased and love them..
You could also get some small alexandrites from multicolor (chrysoberyl's fancy color change sister) and get green AND purple!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Rose de France Amethyst would likely be too delicate for everyday wear (wedding ring). I would only opt for that for an occasional wear ring.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
misskittycat said:
Rose de France Amethyst would likely be too delicate for everyday wear (wedding ring). I would only opt for that for an occasional wear ring.

misskittycat (I really like your handle!), I would be getting the colour as sapphires :D but the colour is one that you see in rose de france, so I used that term..

velouriaL said:
I like the chrysoberyls quite a bit! But I'm biased and love them..
You could also get some small alexandrites from multicolor (chrysoberyl's fancy color change sister) and get green AND purple!

I really like their colour changing ability, but the shades of green and purple they throw off aren't the colours I'm looking for.. luckily too, as they are SO EXPENSIVE! I've just had a look at tiny calibrated stones that size I want on multicolour and they are like 170+ a stone :O I could get diamonds for less :errrr:

Chrono said:
Do you have any stones to play with to see the colour combinations?

no purple stones unfortunately, and finding a band with these purple stones in a shop is proving difficult (plus many jewelers over here aren't very kind with photography..).. I will get back when I do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results