shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got married, some pretty blues

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
After a years worth of planning, I finally got married last weekend. Being a guy I had zero idea how many details there were involved in pulling a wedding off. At the end of the day everything went great. I can take credit for choosing the rings at least ;-) I wouldn't have imagined getting a wedding band for myself with a gem stone, but my fiance encouraged me too and now I'm very glad I did!

The e-ring is a 1.8 carat GRS certed unheated stone from Madagasgar. The pictures don't really catch the glow the stone has, but it was my first try photographing it. The sapphires in the band are heated only (in house cert so take that for what it is). The diamonds are G color.

The stone in my band is a 0.6 carat stone from Ceylon. In house-certed as unheated (again doesn't mean much). I know I should have had it certed by a 3rd party lab, but too late now I suppose. Either way, he's a real beauty, really comes alive in the right light :love:

BrennaRingInd.png

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Phew! Uploading pics on here is tricky!

PS Sorry for the scratched up e-ring. My wife is kind of hard on it, good thing it's built like a tank.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your nuptials! Both rings are really nice.

-A

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your marriage, and thanks for posting the photos. It would be great if you could put up some hand shots when you have time!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, enjoy your lovely new rings!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your marriage! All your rings are very pretty and we definitely need to see some hand shots.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! You are going to recruit a LOT of new sapphire lovers!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are just gorgeous. I love how they all three go together. You thought things through very well.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Aoife said:
Congratulations on your marriage, and thanks for posting the photos. It would be great if you could put up some hand shots when you have time!

+1 Definitely some hand shots please!

BoulderGal

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! :appl:

I think it's cool that you got a sapphire in your band as well. All three rings are beautiful! I second the request for handshots!

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone =). I will get on the hand shots. I took a few on the honeymoon we'll see how they turned out.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your wedding! And the two of you have a beautiful set of rings. I love the sapphires in them!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You both must like blue a lot. :bigsmile: I see a common theme of rectangular blue sapphires and even the setting styles are quite similar. Lovely set.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love how they reference eachother but are not matchy-matchy. Very lovely rings, and congratulations on your wedding!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on the wedding and special congrats for a lovely wedding set!

MoZo

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your marriage. And the rings are all beautiful! :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those turned out beautifully! I love your band too! So glad your Wife suggested it! What gorgeous sapphires!!!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Now THOSE blues are not the unhappy kind...they are all kinds of happy.

Laura

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on getting married! All three rings are very lovely. Can't wait to see hand shots.

I got a new sapphire e-ring for my 20th anniversary and now DH wants to change his wedding band to something with a sapphire, so I was glad to be able to show him this thread. May I ask what the measurements are on your stone?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful rings! Congratulations on getting married!

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
pierreone said:
Congrats on getting married! All three rings are very lovely. Can't wait to see hand shots.

I got a new sapphire e-ring for my 20th anniversary and now DH wants to change his wedding band to something with a sapphire, so I was glad to be able to show him this thread. May I ask what the measurements are on your stone?

Cool! I bet he would like it, I'm glad I got one. One thing I can already say is I'm glad the stone sits flush, or very close to flush, with the top of the ring. It takes some of the worry out of banging it around.

The stone measurements are 5.81x3.98x2.90

The ring is 6.5mm wide (all around), 3mm high at the top (to accommodate the stone height) and tapers to 2mm at the bottom. I am still working on getting hand shots to show what it looks like. It's a lot smaller than it appears in the close up pics.

PS: Congrats on 20 years, that's awesome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results